Hook & eye extension piece for back of tutu/bodice

JulieW

A friend and I are sure we've seen (online) white fabric sections with hooks & eyes that you can sew into the back of a tutu. Can't find them though - has anyone got any ideas.

(We've got a group of girls with romantic tutus that they had made a couple of years ago, but the bodices are a little tight to say the least on a few of them. Just thought this would be an easy way round the problem!)

I think you might need to search for 'bra extenders' - they come in different widths and hooks and eyes in different positions on the length of fabric. I think Calico Lane is an online sewing store that stocks them but I haven't used them myself. I am sure there will be others too. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

All you need to do is get some white fabric, preferably the same as the tutus, sew it to one side of the opening then sew hooks or eyes ( actually bars are better than eyes if you can get them) on to the extension fabric to line up with the existing ones where needed. If you use a large machine stitch the extra insert will be easy to remove later if you need to. This way each tutu can be extended individually giving each girl a perfect fit.