Sickness

Lala

Not this week but several times during our time away. It is quite common and they don't like to keep them at school as these things can spread quickly.

It is frustrating though. Especailly when they get well by the next day.

Hi

Sorry to hear your DD is sick, but don't fret as she is not on her own.

My DD has also been off school also and I know that quite a few of the children have come down in the past week with tummy bugs, sore throats and viruses, and they too have been sent home to get better.

Fustrating, but parents should not send them to school if they are clearly not well - coughs and sneezes - etc !!

J x

Mine's just rung, he's got an infection in his finger which meant a visit to the doctor followed by a trip to A & E! After a week not at school he was looking forward to doing classes again and all he got to do today was ballet and even then he couldn't use his arm. Luckily as he's now 18 the school aren't on the phone to send him home.

Hope your children are better and back at school soon. All my children have always been ill within the first few weeks at a new school and then healthy with rarely a day off between them until they next change schools. I have always felt that it is sudden exposure to new people and a new place assaulting their immune systems. My DD cheerfully told me at the weekend that she will probably be ill soon as she knows quite a few people from ner new school that have been ill last week. so fingers crossed that this time she'll be ok!!!!

Oh Fiz - you should have included that one in "Oh Heck" moments! Don't laugh - I've only just realised what PITA is an acronym of!!

Both my god-daughter and niece picked up really nasty viri within days of starting at new educational establishments a couple of years ago. 2D above echoes my thoughts on this.

Hope everyone recovers soon.

having not read your previous post at first I thought you were talking about your DS!!!!! :D

Thats made me chuckle, especially as my ds might as well be in Timbuctoo the amount of contact I've had from him lately!

And if he jumped into my arms I'd be flattened...

Anyway managed to get antibiotics into db first go tonight before he sulked under a table all evening! Definately sneezing less though!

(db is dancing bunny btw!)

• Like 5

What a poorly lot we are! Ethel LeNeve, Dr Crippen's secretary always used to say, "Poorly, thank you!" when anyone ever asked how she was at work and it became her nickname around the snake oil dispensary where they both worked. :P

It seems a lot of the first year girls have got really bad sore throats at Central, but they are braving on. My daughter sounded like a man tonight all gruff when she phoned. Good job she doesn't read this forum or she would kill me for calling her that.

• Like 8