Ballet West's Nutcracker at The Kennedy Center

I realize that this a strong proclamation, but I'm going to go ahead and say it: I have spent over half of my life in some capacity or another (dancer, choreographer, director, audience-member) involved with The Nutcracker and watching this production was like seeing it for the first time; I even surprised myself by how in-awe I was. Here's my review :)

Anyone else with opinions about this production?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sim said:

Thanks so much for this, TB. It sounds like a truly wonderful production, and for those of us far away who can't see it, this is the next best thing to being there.  P!ease keep the reviews coming!  

Thanks for the kind words, Sim! Although I will always post here in the forum, all of my reviews reside on this page

There are so many more details of the production that I am just in love with but I hesitated to share too much in the review for fear of ruining any element of surprise for potential viewers. I hope that one day you are able to witness this in person :D

Cherilyn.

• Like 1

I think I saw this production by the San Francisco Ballet years and years ago, before Helgi Tomasson took over and reworked it (and I never found his choreography particularly inspiring and I'm not a fan of Balanchine, so I never really liked his version much). I remember really liking the original production but I think I only saw it once. Thanks for the review, it brings back happy memories!

Edited by Melody
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sophoife said:

@The Traveling Ballerina How great that despite a lifetime's experience, one can still revel in a different take on an old favourite. Funnily enough BW cdb member Dominic Ballard comes from the Albury-Wodonga area, my current home, and he told me in mid-year it was a Nutcracker to delight in!

I really was pleasantly surprised that this production sparked that inner child wonder again - it's definitely a Nutcracker to delight in! :)

• Like 1