Watch live: The Royal Ballet rehearse Infra on 15 November 2018

I found this purely by chance, on the ROH news page - I don't think any notifications have been sent out? The event page itself does not even say it is being filmed.  

It is a student insight so it seems general tickets have not been publicly available.    

Edited by Richard LH
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard LH said:

I found this purely by chance, on the ROH news page - I don't think any notifications have been sent out? The event page itself does not even say it is being filmed.  

It is a student insight so it seems general tickets have not been publicly available.    

2 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Not at this stage.  

This is an interesting project with the student insight, very lovely, so it would be really fantastic if its not only at the livestream, also I have seen Infra only once (without any infos about it at the time) so I will keep my fingers crossed! Thanks for the infos, Richard!

What a fascinating Insight!  Wayne McGregor's enthusiasm,  love of  dance and  movement, and his way of expressing himself, are clearly very inspirational for these young dancers - allowing them to use their dancing brains, as well as their bodies, as they follow his full-on guidance. Two very dramatic and quite exeptional  run-throughs from Anna Rose O'Sullivan with William Bracewell, and then Mayara Magri with Marcelino Sambe. Such gifted dancers. I am now pretty excited about seeing them, and others,  perform this next week along with The Unknown Soldier and Symphony in C. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xandra Newman said:

I just realised that Infra has a completely new cast and none of the previously cast dancers will be dancing in Infra this season. 

I don't think that's right. I know Yasmine Naghdi, Fumi Kaneko, Meaghan Grace Hinkis, Tristan Dyer and possibly more, have danced it in the past. Don't know if they dance the same roles in it though

51 minutes ago, alison said:

Not sure any of the original cast are dancing, though?  So much for "Wayne always uses the same dancers".

According to McGregors page with all the infos about his pieces, no one from the original cast is dancing it. A few have retired but there are are some of the original cast who are still there and fit (Cuthbertson, Choe, Hamilton, Nunez, Hirano, Kay - and Watson, but probably still out because of injury).

21 minutes ago, Sim said:

I am so confused....

You are not alone...

25 minutes ago, Saodan said:

I spy a cast change.

Paul Kay was initially listed as performing in the second cast, presumably reprising his role from the original run. It looks like he has been replaced by Dyer, who is now performing in both casts. 

Thanks, I already thought Kays name was a hallucination from my side...I thought I had spotted him when the first time the casting was up...

I very much enjoyed the 'Insight' relay, particularly the rehearsals with both couples.  I thought it was fascinating seeing the extracts built up with McGregor quickly intervening, discussing how moves might be better constructed, getting the desired result, and then performing the whole extract with the music.  I'm looking forward to seeing Infra in the theatre, I think with these dancers.

At times I do wonder about McGregor and occasionally think 'Emperor's no clothes' and discussions can be a bit vacuous but there is something magnetic about seeing him work with dancers and the results they achieve.

• Like 3