Thought you would all enjoy this.

primrose

Somebody has just posted this to my facebook page and I just loved it, so thought I would share it with like minded people.

Nike JUST DO IT dancer vs ballerina ad www.youtube.com

2.jpg

13 Feb 2008 ... You need Adobe Flash Player to watch this video. Download it from .... Nike JUST DO IT Russia adby thatislame299,539 views; Balerina 1:02 ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZr070dUamA

Edited by primrose
  • Like 7

Love it! Thanks for posting.

A long time ago I did a performance with a modern dancer. We both did the same choreography but I did it with ballet technicque - she with modern/contemporary.

It was interesting to watch. We started and finished together. Though the choreography was the same the impulse was different; my emphasis was up to go up - her's was down to go up. This is visible in this YouTube above when they both do a turn - the ballet dancer rises into pirouette whilst the modern dancer goes down "into the floor" to execute the turn.

Once again, thanks for posting!

• Like 5

Unfortunately I do not have a video of that dance with the modern dancer.

I do have video of some other performances - but they are not on You Tube. They sit happily quiet on a shelf in my video library. Sometimes they make me happy that I was blessed with such opportunities and sometimes they make me sad that it is so long ago. But, mostly they make me happy.

I do appreciate your heart felt interest and request....I truly do.

• Like 6

Ilya Kuznetsov has just copied a link to a documentary that not only made me raise an eyebrow, made me gasp and actually at the end brought a tear to my eye. I cant seem to post it from my face book, but the link says first position full lenght doucmetary youtube. It is centred around the youth American grand prix competion. It talks about the journey the dancers take, shows the strenght and determination and also the lenghts some parents will push their children to. These children are the future stars to my mind. Hope somebody far clever than me can post the link as I know you will all enjoy watching it.
  • Like 1

Ilya Kuznetsov has just copied a link to a documentary that not only made me raise an eyebrow, made me gasp and actually at the end brought a tear to my eye. I cant seem to post it from my face book, but the link says first position full lenght doucmetary youtube. It is centred around the youth American grand prix competion. It talks about the journey the dancers take, shows the strenght and determination and also the lenghts some parents will push their children to. These children are the future stars to my mind. Hope somebody far clever than me can post the link as I know you will all enjoy watching it.

I saw this in a movie theater and posted in a review of it on this board. It does indeed provoke a roller coaster emotional ride.

I do remember that link now that I have had a quick look at it. I didnt realise this was the film it was relating to. Lots of people mentioned they would like to see it in the uk, well if you follow ilyas link you will get to see the full footage. I was amazed some in good ways and as you mentioned in the review totally shocked by the one mother who would go to any lenght to push her daughter. She was very talented though. Also I couldnt get over the amount of money that was spent on costumes. This though is no ordinary ballet competition.