Disney's Nutcracker & the Four Realms

Shade

Heard some of the soundtrack for this on the radio yesterday - oh my goodness they have Disneyfied Tchaikovsky! Why oh why - surely it is magical as it was. However, it may prompt an interest in seeing the ballet. Perhaps a bumper Christmas for the Nutcracker!

Today of course we remember Tchaikovsky's tragic death and the wonderful music he composed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shade said:

Heard some of the soundtrack for this on the radio yesterday - oh my goodness they have Disneyfied Tchaikovsky! Why oh why - surely it is magical as it was. However, it may prompt an interest in seeing the ballet. Perhaps a bumper Christmas for the Nutcracker!

Today of course we remember Tchaikovsky's tragic death and the wonderful music he composed. 

I saw the whole movie and the arrangements are more tasteful than the trailers make it seem.

I sincerely doubt this movie will generate any huge interest in the ballet.

57 minutes ago, alison said:

From what I've heard, it has quite a few dancers in it with whose names we may be familiar? 

There is a feature in the Guardian today about Misty Copeland, with a pic from the film with her dancing with Polunin. Though from what I’ve read, these are more like cameos than ‘also starring’ type roles. There is a dancing bit during the end credits apparently...