Students who dance (as opposed to dance students!)

Pups_mum

I go to a summer school at Warwick (not run by the uni) they have a big mirrored dance studio we use & a huge lovely arts centre with rehearsal rooms & a concert hall & theatre so lots of opportunities.

In Scotland, I know people at Dundee & St Andrews have dance societies, lots going on. Think Glasgow Caledonian has dance, Glasgow Uni has musical theatre society, but outwith uni in Glasgow lots of opportunities (Scottish Ballet, RSC, Dancehouse etc as well as private schools/studios)

Thanks Flit and float. That's very helpful. He's really very keen on Warwick so will be pleased to hear this. He's not very keen on big cities which limits what outside dance schools will be available, hence the interest in what the universities do, in particular. Warwick is tough to get into though.....

Warwick is beautiful! I love the campus, I always think it must be great to be a student there. Not sure what the standard is like but with the arts centre there surely must be a lot going on. I'm sure I've seen photos of dance things advertised, & they have small tours in the theatre tour. Will be going there beginning of August so can find out more!