Writing about ballet

Hello! Thanks for accepting me to this forum. ☺️

I am not a ballet-dancer and don't have any experience(except basic stuff regarding some performances and styles) however I'm writing a book where the protagonist is a passionate ballet dancer and the reason I signed in this forum is the fact that I'm doing some research on ballet in order to make what's in the book seem realistic. I'd like to know beforehand whether my questions can be answered or if this is strictly a forum for ballet-dancers.

(Note: Even if ballet is important in the story, it's barely involved in the main plotline but only in the past of the character and some goals he/she had made. I also don't want to spoil what happens so I might not answer some kind of questions. Most of them are related to ballet styles and ballet education, not about individual performance or technique.)

• Like 1

Hello Peter and welcome to the Forum!

This forum is for everyone who loves and is interested in ballet.  In this section of the Forum people are ballet-watchers.  In the "Doing Dance" section it's mostly parents of dancing children, older students and adult amateur dancers.

If you are asking questions and doing any form of surveys in the Doing Dance arena can we ask you to make it clear that you are only seeking information from people 18+?

Good luck with the book!

• Like 3