Btda intermediate exam

allnewtome

The student completes a written journal alongside their practical teaching can work, the journal covers 6 areas, performance skills, technique, choreography, teaching, physiological and cultural. Although there are no set answers (as it’s the candidates own personal research and opinions) there are guidance questions for each area. The journal itself is not marked but their is a brief interview on the work presented at the end of the exam which is awarded marks

Thank you so much. My daughters teacher has never taught it before and is worried it will be too hard! I personally think having not taught it before she is over thinking it and my DD will be fine! I just couldn’t find any information on it. 

Thank you again. 

Yes it is.  Each accredited qualification has a size & a level & some confer UCAS points. 

So a Level 2 qualification will include GCSE’s, Grade 5 RAD/ABRSM Level 2 Btec etc

Level 3 is A Level, Btec Nat Diploma, Grade 8, Intermediate

Level 4 is HND, 1st year degree, Advanced 1 & so on.  

Dance teaching diplomas are available from Level 4 onwards. 

On 03/10/2018 at 06:14, Stellar said:

The student completes a written journal alongside their practical teaching can work, the journal covers 6 areas, performance skills, technique, choreography, teaching, physiological and cultural. Although there are no set answers (as it’s the candidates own personal research and opinions) there are guidance questions for each area. The journal itself is not marked but their is a brief interview on the work presented at the end of the exam which is awarded marks

Thank you - how long is the course work? Ie is it a huge undertaking? Do you know how much of the course work/ interview counts? Sorry for all the questions , just trying to work out if my dd should do it and I can’t find any info online and not many schools do BTDA. Any info would be hugely appreciated!