Royal Ballet Insight Events - News & links

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Esmeralda said:

With the Insight/rehearsal starting in a little bit more than 90 minutes do we know what or who we will see? Any infos would be appreciated!

I guess you may know by now but it's the Nutcracker with Avis, Gasparini and Yudes with Christopher Carr

• 3 months later...

I gather  that Beatrix S-B as Juliet will be rehearsing in this live-streamed Insight  tonight, with Reece Clarke as Paris, coached by Edward Watson and Leanne Benjamin.

Also Christopher Saunders leading  some sword fight sequences.

Should be good !

Edited by Richard LH
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard LH said:

I gather  that Beatrix S-B as Juliet will be rehearsing in this live-streamed Insight  tonight, with Reece Clarke as Paris, coached by Edward Watson and Leanne Benjamin.

Also Christopher Saunders leading  some sword fight sequences.

Should be good !

As you referred to everyone else by their full names, would it really have taken so much time to type out Beatriz Stix-Brunell?

46 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

As you referred to everyone else by their full names, would it really have taken so much time to type out Beatriz Stix-Brunell?

For goodness sake. We all have our idiosyncrasies and we all get things wrong sometimes. There's really no need for such a comment.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, alison said:

Yet - as things stand at the moment, at any rate - they're not scheduled to be debuting together.

Alison, do you mean "not scheduled" thinking of Stix-Brunell as Juliet with Clarke  as Romeo ? -  because it seems this  rehearsal is with Stix-Brunell as Juliet and Clarke as Paris.

I don't think  we have any other official casting for Paris yet, or indeed for anyone other than R&J.

Clarke is due to debut  Romeo with  Hamilton as Juliet, and also he  will be Romeo for  Nunez.  

56 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Alison, do you mean "not scheduled" thinking of Stix-Brunell as Juliet with Clarke  as Romeo ? -  because it seems this  rehearsal is with Stix-Brunell as Juliet and Clarke as Paris.

Ah, sorry, I hadn't registered that when I posted!  I didn't think they had enough together to fill in an insight evening.

• Ian Macmillan changed the title to Royal Ballet Insight Evening - News & links
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, alison said:

I hadn't realised that tonight's In Conversation with Takada and Hirano was going to be in Japanese!  Is it being filmed for Japan, or something?

Neither had we until we saw the wording on the back of last night's Insight programme: "in this special event for Japanese speakers."  I don't remember reading that when we first booked but, as it wasn't in the magazine, I can't check (other than by asking ROH).  Might explain why I was able to book central front row tickets though...

1 hour ago, bangorballetboy said:

The website says it's presented in Japanese so I don't think there will be an interpreter or it being bilingual.

In which case I hope you and Mrs BBB have done a crash Berlitz course in Japanese.....😲

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...