ENBS 2019 Summer School

Peanut68

On 13/07/2019 at 18:38, Minoblade said:

In case anyone is wondering I just got confirmation from ENBS that it will not be possible to audition for summer school at this years' summer school 

Was this an option in the past or something they had planned to do?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/07/2019 at 13:05, Jen51 said:

Yes this happened last summer

I think there are some changes going on at ENBS. I heard a rumour that the director of the school has changed. The summer school is not being taught by their regular teachers (at least not my DS) although still excellent teaching. So this seems to be the reason why it is not an audition for upper school this year. In summary I think it’s going through changes and hopefully this is all ultimately for the good although I don’t know the background

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:38, Minoblade said:

In case anyone is wondering I just got confirmation from ENBS that it will not be possible to audition for summer school at this years' summer school 

Sorry but did you mean summer school or US?

5 hours ago, Minoblade said:

I think there are some changes going on at ENBS. I heard a rumour that the director of the school has changed. The summer school is not being taught by their regular teachers (at least not my DS) although still excellent teaching. So this seems to be the reason why it is not an audition for upper school this year. In summary I think it’s going through changes and hopefully this is all ultimately for the good although I don’t know the background

I have seen lists of teachers in previous years and from memory it was always a mix of school and external teachers, or so I thought.

4 hours ago, Jen51 said:

Is there a new director? 

Yes I think so. Someone introduced themselves to the students as the director and it wasn’t Carlos (who was the director until now ). I hasten to add I wasn’t there, so it maybe a misunderstanding. 

Do any of you with DCs attending weeks 1&2 have any information on schedules - my daughter is attending the last two weeks, and we'd like to know how many hours she will be in the School every day.  The information provided states 4-6 hours every day,  do starting & finishing times vary greatly from day to day?

3 hours ago, Tessiets said:

Do any of you with DCs attending weeks 1&2 have any information on schedules - my daughter is attending the last two weeks, and we'd like to know how many hours she will be in the School every day.  The information provided states 4-6 hours every day,  do starting & finishing times vary greatly from day to day?

Hi, my dd was there week 1 and the start/finish times varied daily depending on group colour. In her group Some days 9.45 others 10.45 and most days finished by 3.45, latest 4.45

• Like 1

Most days have been a 9.30 start with one day 10 am and one day 11.30!

Finish times have mostly been 4 or 4.15pm and some 5.30 if they started late. Quite a bit of variation from day to day.

Class wise there is also a fair bit of variation from day to day with some days a heavy schedule and others light.

All of this probably dependant on age and which group you are in.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...