More problems at New York City Ballet

Yes I got that.  But implicitly, if they have decided that these men don’t merit their contracts being terminated instead of suspended, they are saying that their actions are acceptable and that it’s fine to return them to dance in a company that they have dishonoured and tainted.  I wonder what you have to do to get fairly fired at NYCB?

• Like 10

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Bruce Wall said:

- and, too, that the upcoming 2019/20 season - announced in good order - shows a substantive return to the repertory of several works that have been left unseen for decades. 

I admire the subtle way you have left it to us all to draw the obvious comparison. Nice one!

Edited by David
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Sim said:

Yes I got that.  But implicitly, if they have decided that these men don’t merit their contracts being terminated instead of suspended, they are saying that their actions are acceptable and that it’s fine to return them to dance in a company that they have dishonoured and tainted.  I wonder what you have to do to get fairly fired at NYCB?

Yep.

Not to mention, that it also implies that the right of the female dancers to have a safe, dignified work environment is not a priority for AGMA if it gets in the way of the career of any man causing their distress. 

Edited by snowweisz
  • Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see Ramasar already back in the mix - & with an old stomping partner in Mearns (see Sat Mat casting in final movement of BSQ.)  Wonderful to at last see Danchig-Waring  back in full throttle.  Let's pray it can last a little longer this time.  He (and we) deserve it.  

https://www.nycballet.com/NYCB/media/NYCBMediaLibrary/PDFs/Press/Casting/NYCB-Casting_May-14-19-2019.pdf

On 21/04/2019 at 06:33, snowweisz said:

Yep.

Not to mention, that it also implies that the right of the female dancers to have a safe, dignified work environment is not a priority for AGMA if it gets in the way of the career of any man causing their distress. 

I get the distinct impression that the entire industry regards female dancers as a disposble commodity.

• Like 3