Silver Swans

Fiz

Lisa, after my first ballet class in I don’t know how many years, I was sore and stiff for four days. It passed and the next time it was fine. I also lost weight! I’m not dancing now as I’m not well enough to go every week and am hoping that Lincoln will soon get a Silver Swan class like some other areas in Lincolnshire have as I think it would suit me better. Hang in there! x

• Like 4

Lisa

Sounds like a good employer,  who took you seriously after one shift and obviously wants to keep you.  That's really not to be sniffed at.  Hang in there, sounds like night porter might be your niche.

Fiz

I know there are silver swans in Horncastle,  during the day.  Gutted, I really wanted to start to dance.

• Like 4

On 02/08/2018 at 12:38, Fiz said:

There’s one in Louth too. Its about time there was one here.

case of finding an RAD teacher  willing to  give the class if it's particularly Silver Swans ( and is there the demand  for  SS  vs   free work  adult class  open to all   or something like Discovering Repetoire)  , otherwise it's a case of persuading once of the  schools / studios with access to their own  spaces  that a day time class  is worth it ...   

and although not Silver Swans , if  you  drive  Lady Bay Ballet   have  several day time  classes  in Lady Bay / W Bridgford  which is just into Rushcliffe but to all intents Nottingham   ( and A46 - A52   rather than rural roads) 

(declared  bias  here i am a happy  customer / student of Katie  who  runs Lady Bay Ballet  as well as taking  class  at Streetbeat  in Lincoln  )

this is  rapidly  diverging  to something  which  ought to be in 'Doing Dance'  

• Like 1

Hmm! I might talk to Streetbeat (unless you want to, Nicola) and Go Dance. There’s lots of older people who do ballet cardio at Go Dance but they blanch at the idea of doing actual ballet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fiz said:

Hmm! I might talk to Streetbeat (unless you want to, Nicola) and Go Dance. There’s lots of older people who do ballet cardio at Go Dance but they blanch at the idea of doing actual ballet.

i'm sure Hayley and Julie would be open to the idea  if  there was going to be sufficient people  to make it worthwhile ( as  they  do  do PT and  private lessons in the day time) ,  as  they  don't really have the space to add  more classes in the evenings ( ideal world i think they might  have a third  adult ballet   as  wednesday  is  definitely 'capital  I ' intermediate  and  Monday  regulars  include some  definite 'improvers'  , as they are already using  all three spaces  at various times in the evening  on some days  ( the  two big studios  and the smaller room / studio off the  communal area )  

One of the off putting things with Ballet at Go ( both Sleaford and Lincoln) is  they  are pay per term and IIRC  it;s quite long terms (  where the  ballet cardio / barre fitness is PAYG) , where  Streetbeat  are now saying pay per 'term' for adult dance classes  but it;s  4 - 6 week blocks  and they  are  reasonably flexible on people either carrying over or only paying for the classes  they know  they can make.

whereas Katie seems to be managing  well on  PAYG  with her classes  In Lady Bay /  Nottingham , but  that is because  Monday and  Friday  seem to be the main daytime  adult classes in  Nottingham  - i think Katie  is now running 6 classes a week   2 'beginner'  2  'open'  and  2  pointe ,  she's fortunate  in the venue that she uses  are really helpful, but then again  they do make a reasonable amount of money   from the people  who take class with katie was well as what  Katie pays  to rent to  space . 

we really need to stop diverting Lisa's thread here.

Edited by Nicola H

3 minutes ago, Nicola H said:

thankyou to whom so ever of the  admin/ mod teams  seperated this thread out , although i would have  said 'daytime classes  in the East Midlands / Lincoln'  might have been a better thread title 

I think Silver Swans is quite appropriate.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...