Hi, I was just wondering if anyone was going to dance forward this summer. My DD is and I wondered if anyone is going or has been. I haven’t really heard much about it and am thinking I maybe should have picked a different one for her?? 

My DD's have done this.  It's a well run course with top class teaching faculty.  Fairly large classes sometimes so it depends what you want out of it.  

I just had a look to see if DD could do it this time but she's on holiday.

Edited by angel
edited to say that DD would happily attend again. She is 16
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dizzyballetmum said:

Hi yes my DD, went at easter and absolutely loved it . She will be returning for the three day course this summer. She is 13.

Thank you - just looking at booking accommodation now!

She is very excited.

15 hours ago, allnewtome said:

Please excuse me if this is a silly question! Do they have to wear navy leotards for all three days? Thank you. 

DD did it last two times and tho they say that she had one she took that was the appropriate colour in case they needed it but most of the time everyone wore their own colours

According to the RAD website the 170 bus passes by and can be caught at Clapham Junction or Victoria.  You could look at any Travelodge that may be on or near that bus route.  There are some reasonably priced ones available in Central London but presumably it depends on how far you may wish to travel for the duration of the course.

• Like 1

My wife stayed there for a week while the 10 year old did the residential RAD summer course (while she spent the week wandering around London exploring the world of drop-in classes and doing tourist things). I joined her for last few days. Cheap, moderately cheerful! The family room we got for last few days had a bath, which might be of interest to a dancer.

17 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

According to the RAD website the 170 bus passes by and can be caught at Clapham Junction or Victoria.  You could look at any Travelodge that may be on or near that bus route.  There are some reasonably priced ones available in Central London but presumably it depends on how far you may wish to travel for the duration of the course.

as has previously been discussed in other threads   there are some not quite central London Travelodges which are very well priced and a few that are 20 -30 minutes out by public transport but right on top of stations