Casting for RB Triple Bills - Infra plus and Winter Dreams plus

9 minutes ago, Vanartus said:

...thought I’d read that ROH was announcing detailed cast lists today, but nothing so far...anybody know anything ?

It was in the insert with the Friends' ROH Magazine.: I've pasted it in below:

"Ballet casting should be available online from Friday 20 July: if this date changes then we will be in touch"

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, alison said:

I suppose this last-minute casting is more likely to occur now the ROH has done away with the booking period brochures :(

With Premium 2 Friends booking opening on 4 September, I'm not sure what is 'last minute' about the casting?  It's a little difficult when information is being uploaded to see what's going on but no doubt the information will be collated (the Ballet Association is very good at presenting understandable information) and it seems to me there's plenty of time to look at calendars and make choices.

Do you mean for Infra and Symphony in C , Alison,  in the autumn programme?  (There is casting in  for The Unknown Soldier in that mixed bill, also for Mayerling,  La Bayadere and Nutcracker).  For  Symphony in C , I assume most of the company is likely to be involved but I suppose they  may give the lead pairings for each of the 4 movements. Winter programme booking  for the general public opens 31 October.

Edited by Richard LH

40 minutes ago, alison said:

Not when public booking is on Wednesday and we still don't have all the casting information.

Apologies Alison - I thought this thread was all about the Winter casting.

• Like 1

For Don Q,  they are using just 5 of the  female principals for the lead, and 4 of the male principals, with no leads for Hayward, Lamb, Morera, Soares, Bonelli, Kish, Watson, or Hirano. So good roles for first soloists Kaneko, Magri, Corrales, and Sambe.  Kish seems absent from anything so far published for autumn and winter. 

After arguing for soem changes in who gets the filming, I am delighted  that Takada (with McRae) is down for  the live screening (and hopefully a DVD) as Kitri; also very pleased to note debuts (I believe) for Naghdi and Sambe   Magri (another debut?) and Campbell also catches the eye.

Looking forward also very much to Hayward and Bracewell partnering in The Two Pigeons.....two more debuts?  

• Like 2

Easy to do :)

It's not so much specific casting I'm interested in, but as ever at least an indication of the number of different casts and when they are performing would be appreciated, otherwise I could end up booking, say, 3 performances with the same cast and not get the other one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vanartus said:

I know I’m a sad individual but am I the only one who’s disappointed that Osipova isn’t doing Winter Dreams? 

She’s hardly there next  season. There is a very long gap between Nov and the end of March.

The cast list is far from complete. It looks as if we are only being give very limited information about who will be dancing in Les Patineurs and the other ballets scheduled for performance in the Winter booking period. I can understand the company wanting to keep casting details to the bare minimum they think that they can get away with if only to save themselves issuing  detailed cast slips indicating extensive changes from the originally published cast at every performance. As there are so many featured roles in Don Q that approach makes sense.There may be considerably fewer featured roles in Les Patineurs  but again keeping everything to a bare minimum makes sense. Those missing from the published casts for Les Patineurs  include the  girls in blue who dance in the pas de trois with the Blue Skater; the two girls in red and the couple who dance the soft romantic style white pas de deux which was created by Fonteyn and Helpmann. It will be interesting to see who Kevin casts in the bravura roles and who in these more lyrical ones in this ballet. I should have thought that Hayward and perhaps Stix-Brunell will be cast in that pas de deux and that Bracewell is a possibility as well. I would add Ball as a possibility if the dates don't clash with his stint at Sadler's Wells.  As far as the double bill which combines Asphodel Meadows and Two Pigeons is concerned aren't the first four names all involved in the revival of Scarlett's ballet rather than the Ashton work.? At the end of the day the unpublished casting details are likely to prove just as interesting as the limited details we have been given.

You need to remember that the approved coaches for the Balanchine and the Robbins will have some say in who is to dance in the ballets they are coaching and that may not be finalised until much closer to the date of the performances.

Edited by FLOSS

1 minute ago, FLOSS said:

As far as the double bill which combines Asphodel Meadows and Two Pigeons is concerned aren't the first four names all involved in the revival of Scarlett's ballet rather than the Ashton work.? At the end of the day the unpublished casting details are likely to prove just as interesting as the limited details we have been given.

As mentioned above, if you click through to the individual show pages, you get more casting details (such as the principal couple in 2 Pigs).

4 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

As mentioned above, if you click through to the individual show pages, you get more casting details (such as the principal couple in 2 Pigs).

I'm not convinced I approve of this as an abbreviation for "Two Pigeons"! :lol:

• Like 2