Audition Notice: Children's auditions for BRB's Albert Hall Nutcracker season December 2018

Jan McNulty

1 hour ago, sunrise81 said:

On the website there is a rehearsal schedule. For us from the north it isn't feasible, plus school hasn't broken up for the two days in December so I would have to take days off unpaid :(

Thanks for the heads up about the rehearsal schedule, I've emailed for further clarity! 😊

This is an amazing opportunity and so lovely that they are doing it again this year. 

It is unlike anything else to perform at the Royal Albert Hall. Anyone thinking about the commitment- go for it, you will not be disappointed if your child gains a place

• 1 month later...

Anyone else doing this?

I’m a bit confused as I thought the auditions were at Urdang in London but I’ve had a message to say it’s Birmingham?

My dancer is at the top end of the max height but they said to go along anyway.

Hopefully be a good experience. xx

7 minutes ago, MrsMoo2 said:

Anyone else doing this?

I’m a bit confused as I thought the auditions were at Urdang in London but I’ve had a message to say it’s Birmingham?

My dancer is at the top end of the max height but they said to go along anyway.

Hopefully be a good experience. xx

The audition was at Urdang last year and I understand that it is this year too. Check the info as unless its come from BRB then I would say it will still be Urdang. You go on the site and book a place and then you receive an email to confirm time/place etc. My daughter did this last year and it was an amazing experience. 

On 20/07/2018 at 15:48, Living2dance said:

This is an amazing opportunity and so lovely that they are doing it again this year. 

It is unlike anything else to perform at the Royal Albert Hall. Anyone thinking about the commitment- go for it, you will not be disappointed if your child gains a place

It was a marvellous experience for us.

We’re getting the train in to Farringdon and from there it’s a 10 minute walk. That’s easiest for us coming up from the south. Not sure what’s best from Euston. There are several tube stations nearby looking at the map, and Kings Cross isn’t far either. 

Arriving into Euston (or Kings Cross) I would get the tube to Angel.  I estimate from the tube station it would be a good 20 minute walk but you could get the bus.  I know the 19 and 38 go down Rosebery Avenue.  If you get the bus don't forget that you cannot use cash - you need either an Oyster card or a contactless debit card.

Thank goodness for this thread. My husband rang me in a panic from East Croydon earlier - the Bedford train stopping at Farringdon was cancelled. The chap at the station had given him an alternative way to get to Farringdon, but it was going to take to long and they would miss the audition 😵. Thanks to this thread I was able to tell him to head to Kings Cross and then get the northern line to Angel. They made it in time! Thanks all 😊

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Clarkd3 said:

Wow! You've got a brave husband taking DD to an audition, my husband struggles with dance classes! 🙄  Hope it went well for your DD, we're there next Sunday.....first time doing anything like this! 😳

I’m not sure he was that keen (particularly as he had to do her hair etc as well!) but he braved it 😂. DD had a lovely time - particularly enjoyed the repertoire. I have to say though, looking in detail at the rehearsal schedule, even if she were to be chosen I think we’d struggle to do it - 4 Wednesday evening rehearsals in Birmingham would be a challenge, being that we live in Cornwall 🤦‍♀️!!

17 minutes ago, Darkbeans said:

I’m not sure he was that keen (particularly as he had to do her hair etc as well!) but he braved it 😂. DD had a lovely time - particularly enjoyed the repertoire. I have to say though, looking in detail at the rehearsal schedule, even if she were to be chosen I think we’d struggle to do it - 4 Wednesday evening rehearsals in Birmingham would be a challenge, being that we live in Cornwall 🤦‍♀️!!

Wow even hair!

Ahh glad your Dd enjoyed it, the chances are so remote that a good day out is the aim of our trip! 😊

I thought the Wednesday evening rehearsals were in Covent Garden when I made enquiries back in July....we live near Birmingham so wasn’t too sure how we’d do it but decided to cross that bridge  if and when! X

We’re in North Wales so not sure how we would do it, but DS is looking forward to the audition experience! Like all these things there is probably very little chance of getting in so he just enjoys the days for what they are now.

Bit worried we will hit cancellations etc on the trains next week. Best charge the phone for emergency re routing! 😆😆

DS said to ask how many boys were there today? 👍👍 xx

1 hour ago, Clarkd3 said:

I thought the Wednesday evening rehearsals were in Covent Garden when I made enquiries back in July...

My husband was given a sheet with the specific times and dates of all rehearsals (I can dm you a copy if you like!) All rehearsals until the performance dates are listed as Birmingham. 

27 minutes ago, MrsMoo2 said:

Bit worried we will hit cancellations etc on the trains next week. Best charge the phone for emergency re routing! 😆😆

DS said to ask how many boys were there today? 👍👍 xx

Definitely check the trains - they quite often do works on the weekend so as not to affect commuters. I did check about a week ago and didn’t spot any mention of anything! 

DD said there were about 20 children in her audition group, of which 2 were boys. X

7 hours ago, Darkbeans said:

My husband was given a sheet with the specific times and dates of all rehearsals (I can dm you a copy if you like!) All rehearsals until the performance dates are listed as Birmingham. 

Definitely check the trains - they quite often do works on the weekend so as not to affect commuters. I did check about a week ago and didn’t spot any mention of anything! 

DD said there were about 20 children in her audition group, of which 2 were boys. X

Thank you, that would be fab.

Just before I spend £100 on train tickets! Lol! 😆😆😆 xx

7 hours ago, Darkbeans said:

Ahh thank you, that's really good of you but we're all set for Sunday now so I'll get one there 😊 Nearly didn't plan to audition though because of the stated Wednesday evening rehearsals in London! X

15 hours ago, Clarkd3 said:

Ahh thank you, that's really good of you but we're all set for Sunday now so I'll get one there 😊 Nearly didn't plan to audition though because of the stated Wednesday evening rehearsals in London! X

Might see you there, we’ve booked our train and just planning our picnic! Looking at the trains we get there early so just seeing if there’s much else to do in the area for an hour or two! 👍👍👍

15 hours ago, MrsMoo2 said:

Might see you there, we’ve booked our train and just planning our picnic! Looking at the trains we get there early so just seeing if there’s much else to do in the area for an hour or two! 👍👍👍

Yes just booked ours too, we are there mid afternoon! Also hoping to find something to do in the area as can’t risk sightseeing! ☺️

There are nice cafes and bars and a couple of interesting shops in Exmouth Market on Rosebery Avenue.

If the weather is nice you could walk up to Sadler's Wells and walk through the rather attractive squares at the back of the theatre.  We usually stay in the Travelodges on Kings Cross and Faringdon Roads.  It's a lovely 15 minute walk from there through Percy Circus and beyond to Sadler's Wells.

I think you are also about a 20 minute walk from the British Museum (or the 19 & 38 buses go very close to there).

1 hour ago, Jan McNulty said:

There are nice cafes and bars and a couple of interesting shops in Exmouth Market on Rosebery Avenue.

If the weather is nice you could walk up to Sadler's Wells and walk through the rather attractive squares at the back of the theatre.  We usually stay in the Travelodges on Kings Cross and Faringdon Roads.  It's a lovely 15 minute walk from there through Percy Circus and beyond to Sadler's Wells.

I think you are also about a 20 minute walk from the British Museum (or the 19 & 38 buses go very close to there).

Thanks for this info, DS would like to go to the M&M shop but I think this is miles away! Lol! Priorities of an eleven year old! 😂😂😂

21 minutes ago, MrsMoo2 said:

Thanks for this info, DS would like to go to the M&M shop but I think this is miles away! Lol! Priorities of an eleven year old! 😂😂😂

The number 19 bus would get you from Rosebery Ave to Leicester Square area in about 20 minutes...

10 minutes ago, MrsMoo2 said:

Thank you! 👍 Silly question but does everything run on a Sunday?? Round here we are lucky to get any transport to anywhere on a Sunday! Lol!! 😆😆😆

Everything runs on a Sunday, there just tends to be slightly longer gaps between buses and tubes arriving. 

The TFL website has a really good journey planner (I still use it even though I’ve lived here for most of my life).

On 13/09/2018 at 09:34, MrsMoo2 said:

Thank you! 👍 Silly question but does everything run on a Sunday?? Round here we are lucky to get any transport to anywhere on a Sunday! Lol!! 😆😆😆

Mrs Moo2, did you get there successfully? I hope your DS enjoyed the experience? I did look out for a mum and son but failed to spot a good match! My Dd was very nervous but enjoyed the class so now on our way home to begin another school week! 🙄 xxx