London Children’s Ballet: Ballet Shoes

Flora11

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, AMP said:

Just found this on an email regarding final auditions.

Results from this final audition will reach you by Wednesday 28 November.

Looks like we might have to wait another few days! 

I remember seeing that on the email invitation to Finals but when the ladies manning the desks on Sunday were telling parents it would most likely be this week I hoped it would be sooner. However, post has just been here and there is nothing so I guess it will be next week after all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MAK said:

I remember seeing that on the email invitation to Finals but when the ladies manning the desks on Sunday were telling parents it would most likely be this week I hoped it would be sooner. However, post has just been here and there is nothing so I guess it will be next week after all.

Same, our post has been and there is nothing, no email either.  

• Like 1

On 23/11/2018 at 20:05, Sally-Anne said:

I guess not until next week then? I wonder why it takes so long. Presumably they know who they want straight after the audition?

Yes, I wondered that. Maybe they want to meet and discuss again, maybe watch the videos? I can imagine they’re all busy people and have to wait until the next weekend to do that.

6 minutes ago, margarite said:

I’m so sorry to hear that. Your girls are such beautiful dancers x

Thank you @margarite that's so kind of you 🙂. Two consecutive Finals for DD1 with no success and DD2 was recalled last year without Finals so was excited to reach Finals this year and came out buzzing but it wasn't meant to be for either of them. Congratulations to everyone who was successful, I'm sure it will be an amazing Production.

• Like 1

My heart goes out to any little, or not so little, dancers, who didn't get the yes today. 

We received a yes, but although the letter goes into great detail about the level of commitment required, it doesn't clarify the difference between cast and touring company commitment, or if there is any. But logically the touring company's commitment is bigger because they are on standby for shows in case anybody is ill, but they also tour- yes?

So does anybody understand/know if they do the division between cast and touring company straight from the auditions in January?  Or do they rehearse everybody together and  then choose their child to play a certain part nearer the time of the shows? 

If you get touring company when do you find out your touring "dates'? 

Again, sorry to those who aren't joining the company this year. I hope the forum members don't mind me asking these questions so close to the yes/no email...

I believe tour rehearsals are completely separate but I'm sure there will be others on the forum with more direct experience who could clarify the process.

Congratulations to your dc!

DD1 was waitlisted for the tour but as it will take place during her GCSE year it would be unlikely that we would be able to accept a place if it did come up. I believe it's a fantastic experience though from dd's friends who have done it in the past.

• Like 1

Thanks MAK. Did your email actually say your DD1 shortlisted for the tour ? Our email just offered a place in London Children's Ballet which I took as meaning we will let you know after casting if you're on the tour or on the stage. Am I just completely misunderstanding? So grateful for this forum sharing all this info that is so difficult to find out anywhere else. Dance parenting is such a journey...

Hi, the main show and tour rehearsal schedules are completely different. If your child has a letter/email today offering a Ballet Shoes 2019 contract then they've definitely been offered the main show. My son's been offered the main show this year too but 3 years ago got a tour and the tour letter is different. Congratulations to all those who got a yes today and please don't give up to those who got a no this time xx

• Like 1

Sounds to me that’s a place in the main company. That’s what DD’s letter said last year ...

1 minute ago, Beautifulday said:

Hi, the main show and tour rehearsal schedules are completely different. If your child has a letter/email today offering a Ballet Shoes 2019 contract then they've definitely been offered the main show. My son's been offered the main show this year too but 3 years ago got a tour and the tour letter is different. Congratulations to all those who got a yes today and please don't give up to those who got a no this time xx

Sounds to me that’s a place in the main company - for the main production. That’s what DD’s letter said last year ...

thank you both.  DD will be grateful that I have managed to get some clarity on it. Telling her the news after school tomorrow! 

4 minutes ago, Beautifulday said:

Sadly for DD1 it was her last opportunity as she's 14 so she will have to give up on LCB.

@Mummy2BalletFairies that's a place in the main company.

11 minutes ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

a sad moment....i can only imagine it gets tougher to get in as the age rises...hope she finds another door opens soon instead x

It's tough on her that she got Finals two years in a row without ever getting to be part of an LCB Production but it just wasn't meant to be. She felt she did her best and had been excited to get the result but she'll move on quickly. It was opening night for her school production and her first pas de deux in public tonight so not much time to dwell on it!

Hope those that have places have a brilliant time 🙂

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MAK said:

It's tough on her that she got Finals two years in a row without ever getting to be part of an LCB Production but it just wasn't meant to be. She felt she did her best and had been excited to get the result but she'll move on quickly. It was opening night for her school production and her first pas de deux in public tonight so not much time to dwell on it!

Hope those that have places have a brilliant time 🙂

belated chookas!

Yes we are the same, my dd got a no but a waiting list for tour. 

Do they all get this?

It's a very nicely worded rejection and I wondered if they all get waiting list to soften the blow?

Just trying to manage expectations - don't want her waiting in hope.

Does anyone know of anyone who got a tour place from waiting list?

Congrats to all those who got a yes! Quite an achievement.

Edited by Betty

27 minutes ago, Betty said:

Yes we are the same, my dd got a no but a waiting list for tour. 

Do they all get this?

It's a very nicely worded rejection and I wondered if they all get waiting list to soften the blow?

Just trying to manage expectations - don't want her waiting in hope.

Does anyone know of anyone who got a tour place from waiting list?

Congrats to all those who got a yes! Quite an achievement.

Well done to your DD @Betty they definitely don't all get this as DD2 was offered nothing at all after Finals (which was what DD1 got last year), so that's a big achievement!

• Like 1

Sorry to read about the nos, particularly those that tried again!

My DD didn't get past the 2nd audition last year, but got to Finals and waiting list for the touring company this year. 

In the meantime we've signed up for the Auditions Masterclass with Fiona Chadwick so that's lovely to look forward to!

• Like 1

My daughter played one of the spinster aunts in the last cast of Ballet shoes, as well as lots of other parts. It was a fabulous experience with so many likeminded children. She later met up with quite a few of them at Central School of Ballet, others went to Rambert and ENB. 

Enjoy, and for the record, no audition is ever wasted, all excellent experience for the later years, in a very tough environment. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Tulip said:

Enjoy, and for the record, no audition is ever wasted, all excellent experience for the later years, in a very tough environment. 

Just want to seconded this. DD has just started her auditions for 18+ and is extremely grateful to all the experience she gained over the years with auditions. She had pleanty of nos but she  never gave up, often re applying to the same company. Every audition she took something away with her. 

Congratulations to those who got a yes, I am sure they will have a wonderful time. To those that got a no remember it just means not this time and to keep going. 

On 27/11/2018 at 22:54, margarite said:

Sounds to me that’s a place in the main company. That’s what DD’s letter said last year ...

Has anybody else who received the yes email still not received the postal letter? My DD is only 9 and I haven't told her she has a place yet, because the email said wait for the letter which was posted Monday...5 days and counting....

On 01/12/2018 at 12:06, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

Has anybody else who received the yes email still not received the postal letter? My DD is only 9 and I haven't told her she has a place yet, because the email said wait for the letter which was posted Monday...5 days and counting....

I would ring/email them first thing tomorrow to get clarification.

• Like 1

Well done to everyone who was offered a place, we have our tickets booked and look forward to seeing the final show.  It was a no letter for my lovely, whilst she was upset she is determined to try again next year and I think this is partly because of the positive experience offered by the LCB team and the wording of the 'no' letter is so positive too.  Well done all and have a wonderful time leading up to the production.

• Like 2