Dance school recommendations Leeds/Bradford

Sparkly

Hello,

I’m considering a change of dance school for my 2 DDs due to some recurring issues where they are now. Does anyone have any recommendations for dance schools in the Leeds and Bradford areas? 

Thanks 😃

My youngest daughter used to do the open classes and then she was an associate. She is now at a full time vocational lower school. My oldest daughter was an associate, then on the CAT scheme and is off to Central School of Ballet in September.

• Like 1

I was looking at schools in this area a while ago.

I agree with recommendations for Northern Ballet, perhaps try their open classes until your child was able to apply for associates again.  The exemplary, particularly for ballet (which is what we were looking for) schools I came across or were highly recommended in or outside of Leeds included.

Sara Packham Theatre School

Strickland Cook Theatre School

Yorkshire Ballet Academy 

Maillot Rose School of Theatre and Dance

Northern Ballet 

Northern Dance Centre

Doncaster

Hazelbiz Performers Academy

Allegro Theatre Dance Academy 

Marilyn Baker School of Dance

Scunthorpe

Joyce Mason Dance Academy 

Hull

The Arts Garage

Skelton Hooper School of Dance

Edited by CousinHelen
  • Like 2

Well I’m biased but can recommend the Sara Packham theatre school

Currently : 5 Royal ballet JAs in Leeds 

2 students at Tring Park on full scholarship 

2 at Moorlands international on full scholarship 

2 at Hammond on MDS

2 completed TV work on ‘ Victoria ‘

Winner of RAD awards day

Runner up for Markova award at Tring Park

Winner of Most promising dancer at Cecchetti competition 

17 th year of sunbeams at Bradford Alhambra pantomime .

Majority of students who wish to pursue full time training have gained places at the Royal ballet school , Elmhurst , Tring Park , Hammond and Moorlands , with scholarships .

Highly acclaimed annual summer school .

If that doesn’t tempt you - I can recommend the Maillot Rose school in Harewood 

Tutugirl 

I can recommend The arts garage in Hull.

13 royal associates, students with places at northern ballet associates and Midlands associates. 6 girls going away this time to full time vocational school with dadas or scholarships and 4 last year. Dancing in a range of genres approximately 10-14 hours per week and they do the IDTA syllabus, free work and RAD vocational exams. They have an annual showcase and compete in local festivals. X

Edited by smallbythesea
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter attends Strickland Cook in Halifax. I moved my daughter there also after recurring issues at a previous school. I cannot recommend it enough, have a look at their Facebook page to see the amazing achievements from their pupils. Most importantly the other pupils and parents are very supportive of each other. 

On 16/07/2018 at 01:15, smallbythesea said:

I can recommend The arts garage in Hull.

13 royal associates, students with places at northern ballet associates and Midlands associates. 6 girls going away this time to full time vocational school with dadas or scholarships and 4 last year. Dancing in a range of genres approximately 10-14 hours per week and they do the IDTA syllabus, free work and RAD vocational exams. They have an annual showcase and compete in local festivals. X

Wonderful dance school providing not only ballet to an extremely high standard but many other genres too.  The name of the school is actually LWHS School of Dance and they are based in The Arts Garage.