Ballet skirts

dancemum09

Hi all, 

DDs birthday is coming up and she’s particularly keen on a few new ballet skirts. Does anyone know of any good websites that sell nice ones? She loves the brand Bullet pointe but I’m reluctant to ship it from the USA - does anyone know where I can get those skirts in England? Thanks!

Check out love lily dancewear. Dd loves their skirts. They are really well made & come in a beautiful selection of prints. I think they do one called stateside that is similar to the bulletpointe skirts. If it is bulletpointe that your dd wants though Just Ballet have started stocking it coz my dd has her eye on a few things there 

there's a number  of UK  based sellers on Ebay and  Etsy   'Just Jess'  / flicflac /  flourishdancewear - whomi have purchased  items from at  various times   ...   and a  friend of  certain  forum and TBR  usual suspects  who has just graduated  from Huddersfield's  costumery  degree  is in the process of setting up  to do  do bespoke  stuff   (  those of you  who read  Terpischore  will be fully aware of  the young lady  lady in question ) 

Hi dancemum09 my daughter loves Ballet Skirts by Lucinda - a really diverse and interesting choice of fabrics (not just floral prints) and the fit and attention to detail is excellent. Lucinda is a professional ballerina so she understands how the skirts need to feel and move when you dance. The customer service is brilliant too. www.balletskirtsbylucinda.co.uk/ballet-skirts

22 minutes ago, Sheila Beelam said:

We have three colours of Bullet Pointe skirts in stock now, with another four colours on their way from the US :) 

(Their pastel trash shorts are also fab!) ❤️

Great - could you restock the colour Dream (the pale grey) - it’s DDs favourite colour! 

the lady who made my daughters' tutus makes ballet skirts - her daughter is a dancer so she has made them for a load of girls up at Ballet West or whatever the Scottish ballet place is called (sorry - ballet goes over my head). https://m.facebook.com/judithtokely/ she is lovely and very helpful - pictures on her facebook page and some for sale ready made I think but she mainly makes to order. worth a look

• Like 2

Maewear Classical ballet skirts is new and have a few designs all which include a matching bag to keep the skirt in. Handmade in Yorkshire by myself and my friend and sold by professional dance experience or direct from myself. Instagram page is Maewearballetskirts.

11 hours ago, Sheila Beelam said:

The Dream will be on our next order, but that won’t be placed for a few weeks x

We have Lilac, cranberry, Ocean and Pink Sugar on their way :)

They look like they'd be lovely to dance in....I'm sure we had something similar way back in the 1980's? Nice change from the chiffon wrap too.....surely won't be long before one of you industrious dance parents out there can get a similar UK made version on the market????

ps. The pale blue & grey are both coming up labelled as 'Dream' on your Website Shiela so not 100% sure which is which or available. What size would you recommend for slender 14 year old (wears either XS or S in leotards depending on make....) Thank you!

I also make chiffon ballet skirts to order (Gloriosa Tutus on instagram) and have been thinking of making something similar to the bullet pointe design in as much as a short chiffon circle skirt on an elastic waistband with the dipped hem as I quite like doing a skirt with a difference. I’ll try to get a prototype up online this week  for those interested. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dancefanatic said:

I also make chiffon ballet skirts to order (Gloriosa Tutus on instagram) and have been thinking of making something similar to the bullet pointe design in as much as a short chiffon circle skirt on an elastic waistband with the dipped hem as I quite like doing a skirt with a difference. I’ll try to get a prototype up online this week  for those interested. 

https://www.instagram.com/gloriosa_tutus/

You should add a signature to your profile.  You can find out how to do that on the Forum's "Acceptable Use Policy" document.

2 hours ago, 529015A said:

If anyone is interested please take a look at my Facebook page ‘Simply Tutu Lovely’ for wrap ballet skirts . I have some readymade or make to order . I have made quite a few for the Ballet West pupils . 

Here's the link to your Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/judithtokely/

You should add a signature to your profile.  You can find out how to do that on the Forum's "Acceptable Use Policy" document.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2018 at 10:42, Peanut68 said:

They look like they'd be lovely to dance in....I'm sure we had something similar way back in the 1980's? Nice change from the chiffon wrap too.....surely won't be long before one of you industrious dance parents out there can get a similar UK made version on the market????

ps. The pale blue & grey are both coming up labelled as 'Dream' on your Website Shiela so not 100% sure which is which or available. What size would you recommend for slender 14 year old (wears either XS or S in leotards depending on make....) Thank you!

Sorry Peanut, we have three colours in stock at the moment: Seafoam (turquoise green) Gunmetal (dark grey) and Dream (pale grey). You should be able to select your size and colour from the drop down boxes. For a slender 14 yr old I would suggest the XS size. 

We have a delivery due next week with other colours - we'll announce their arrival on FB, Insta and Twitter! 

Sx