Residential Summer School - 2018 - looking for information

Tutusrus

Looking for a residential summer school appropriate for Grade 3 over summer but not between 10th/11th - 25th August.  Wanting to test whether able to stay away from home and likes it before deciding on applying for vocational school - anyone any thoughts? Many thanks 

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Residential Summer School - 2018 - looking for information

My dd is going to the York Dance Scholars school 6 - 9 August, she’s just 12, but it was basically the same idea of seeing how she goes on staying away from home on her own for the first time. Her main worry is being able to manage to do her hair! I figured it would be a good test of how she copes. The lady I emailed about it was lovely and very reassuring.

10 hours ago, Anna C said:

Is OPES still going ahead this year? 😕

Tutusrus, how old is your dancer and are you able to travel anywhere in the UK, or did you have a rough location in mind? 

I wondered the same about Opes especially as Olivia did all the admin. 

• Like 1

Another recommendation for York Scholars. DD is moving to CAT this year so can't go but has been twice, one boarding, one not, and loved both weeks. Friendly, great teachers, lovely location and exceptional pastoral care (her jazz teacher is a house mother this year and you couldn't meet a lovelier person). It's a really good introduction to boarding and at 4 nights not too long for first timers. We're really sorry to have to miss it. 

• Like 2

Just now, All4dancers said:

Just had confirmation email that OPES is definitely going ahead and is to be held in Errol's memory.  I'm sure it will be very emotional for everyone involved.

Gosh, that will be difficult and as you say, very emotional. A lovely tribute to Errol.

• Like 6