I've just registered that ENB's schedule for the rest of the year is up on their website: http://www.ballet.org.uk/whats_on.php. There's a real variety to choose from: apart from Swan Lake at the London Coliseum in the summer, and Sleeping Beauty, and seemingly Nutcracker (although where isn't clear) touring in the autumn, there are the two Beyond Ballets Russes bills at the Coliseum in the spring, a streetdance-meets-ballet collaboration with Flawless, and another collaboration with other dance groups, to name a few.

• Like 1

Suite en Blanc's being done at the London Coliseum again, unless the programme's changed in the last few days. Edit: In fact, I see it has: there's no mention of the new Toer van Schayk piece, and I don't remember noticing this before: "Artistic Director Wayne Eagling reconstructs Nijinsky's Jeux with music by Debussy which sees a man and two girls flirting in a summer's garden, following a game of tennis. The performance also features the Acrobat from Nijinska's Le Train Bleu with music by Milhaud."

Edited by alison

I doubt that it's a reconstruction in the real sense of the word, given the amount of time that must have been put into the one the Royal Ballet showed at the beginning of the century(!) (and which I, unlike certain of the critics, actually liked).

Suite en Blanc's being done at the London Coliseum again, unless the programme's changed in the last few days. Edit: In fact, I see it has: there's no mention of the new Toer van Schayk piece, and I don't remember noticing this before: "Artistic Director Wayne Eagling reconstructs Nijinsky's Jeux with music by Debussy which sees a man and two girls flirting in a summer's garden, following a game of tennis. The performance also features the Acrobat from Nijinska's Le Train Bleu with music by Milhaud."

They don't seem to have informed the Coliseum of the change. The ENO website is still showing a new Toer van Schayk piece:

http://www.eno.org/s...hp?&itemid=1789

As is the mailshot I received yesterday - not surprisingly, although I didn't think the change between the printed brochure and the letter was made clear enough. And did I spot a special offer on ticket prices (though still way out of my reach)?

thanks v much alison for the info i really must read things through properly - but somehow i don't associate suite en blanc (includes the letters enb for ballet crossword setters!) particularly with the ballets russes - i suppose lifar is the key thanks again see you there!