Homepage display using Chrome

Since earlier this morning, when all was as normal, I now find that the righthand panel on our homepage has vanished and a list of 'New Topics' has appeared underneath the Member and Forum Statistics boxes.  Something similar has also occurred on the Great War Forum, a site that also uses an InVision software package.  This has happened using my customary Chrome browser on a Mac.  All looks as usual, however, on both Firefox and Safari.

Am I alone in this?  If not, anyone with an explanation of what may have occurred?

The display issue remains and I see that I've now defaulted to a larger 16-point font size as well - still no idea why any of this has happened, and I've certainly not made any changes myself.

Selecting 14 thankfully returns things to normal.

John, I fear that makes no difference ..... but this has all happened in the normal 14-point font size!  These fluctuations are beyond me.

Edit:  About 2 minutes later, the normal view has restored itself, all unaided by anything I've done.  Remarkable!  Poltergeists??

Edited by Ian Macmillan
Amazement!

• 6 months later...

My homepage display on Chrome has today reverted to the display I described , above, back in June - and I see I'm again getting a larger default font size too, which I'll correct before pressing Submit Reply.  All OK on Safari, as last time.  And all was OK first thing this morning as I did Links.  It fixed itself unaided last time, so let's see what tomorrow brings.  Oh, and as last time, another Invision-powered site that I use has gone the same way.

For the record, no change on Chrome this morning for the Forum presentation (or the other one I use that has the same software package), but all as before on Safari.  And the default font size is again too large, as can be seen.  

Edit:  In drafting, there are clearly 2 font sizes, but I note that they have resolved to a single, normal size on submission.  How odd!

Edited by Ian Macmillan
To add a PS

John: That's the version I have too, and I'm interested to hear that Sim is finding something similar - but not yourself.  It's all most odd, and I'm certainly not aware of having played with any settings or somesuch that can have induced this change, having started the day as normal.  Computery!!

Hi Ian

Have a look in Settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy > Content Settings > Zoom Levels

Here the magnification is set for a specific site. If the forum is in there, delete it.

I can't find any method to add urls in there. There are a few setup in mine, but I don't know how they are entered (or why)

ATB

Trog

Maybe it's upgraded or cleaned itself? I sometimes experience an interesting problem with Chrome in my Linux machine. Generally all it well but sometimes, I will go onto the Birmingham news paper sites, click on a story and a completely random site will also open. This random site is usually trying to sell me medicines to improve my performance (ahem!). I've tracked it down as a result of browsing some fitness forums in the US. The only cure is to delete the Chrome config directory and restart Chrome. Of course, this means I loose all my bookmarks, etc. So I have a clean copy of the config which I can copy back. Being Linux it's pretty easy to do this and you could probably to the same on Windows. I was going to suggest this before, but finding the configs on M$ operating systems is difficult.

Anyway, I am pleased that it has magically fixed itself.

• Like 1