Oscon tablets

Dizzyballetmum

I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV, but a quick look at their website leads me to believe this is snake oil. Tocopherol is vitamin E (AFAIK) and trademarking SelenoExcell is enough to ring alarm bells. You can buy selenium supplements in Holland & Barrett at less than 1/2 the price of Oscon.

I'm a firm believer that proper food and exercise is the best medicine.

• Like 5

I heard a doctor say something (albeit on a tv programme regarding a different condition) recently which resonated with me - "if this worked, doctors would be prescribing it on the NHS in droves".

I know we are all looking for solutions to help our young dancers especially those with injuries but conditions such as Osgoodschlatters and Severs need time, and the right combination of good physiotherapy and modified activity. 

• Like 4

Did anyone notice the tiny little disclaimer at the bottom of the webpage?

This information is not meant as an aid in the diagnosis of any disease or health condition.
Consult your physician before starting any treatment.

The product makes medicinal claims but is quite clearly not registered as a medicine (it does not have a named licence holder in Europe for a start). Also clearly targeting a paediatric population, or at any rate their very anxious parents. Seriously tempted to report it to the MHRA.

12 hours ago, Mnemo said:

Did anyone notice the tiny little disclaimer at the bottom of the webpage?

This information is not meant as an aid in the diagnosis of any disease or health condition.
Consult your physician before starting any treatment.

The product makes medicinal claims but is quite clearly not registered as a medicine (it does not have a named licence holder in Europe for a start). Also clearly targeting a paediatric population, or at any rate their very anxious parents. Seriously tempted to report it to the MHRA.

indeed , hence my comment of a  'food supplement' looking like making medicinal claims