News: Full casting for Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake 2018/19 announced - including Matthew Ball

39 minutes ago, penelopesimpson said:

Can anyone tell me the dates Matthew Ball is appearing as I remain baffled by ENB's website.

9 minutes ago, RuthE said:

Are you actually looking on the ENB website?  In which case I'm not surprised you're baffled, as this thread is about the Matthew Bourne production.

(I'm assuming this was a slip of the keyboard, though.)

Matthew Bourne's company tends not to post advance casting outside of London (and not always in London).  However Matthew Ball posted an instagram of a train carriage on the way to Plymouth.  The show opens there tomorrow.  A non-ballet-watching friend mentioned to me, just after the official announcement of his casting, that she heard him being interviewed on one of our local radio stations and he said he was performing on the Saturday night in Liverpool next April.

Here's the link to the New Adventures website:  https://new-adventures.net

1 hour ago, Balletfanp said:

I’m desperately trying to find out which shows he is dancing in Plymouth so that I can hopefully bag a last minute ticket. I have even contacted New Adventures but not even a response....

If I had to guess I would say tomorrow night would be a good bet (not that I have any pre-knowledge) but the fanfare announcing his casting in this would indicate he is probably 1st cast at venues where he is able to perform.

• 1 month later...