Pointe shoe shops in London

Pointytoes22

My DD also had the same experience Celb, we bought Bloch Triomphe (the ones she always wears) in Dancia in London over the summer, they fitted her in the same length as before but in a wider width (I wasn't too worried about this as her feet seem to have slowed own in growth). She wore them in class for the first time this week and came home complaining that she couldn't wear them again as they are too wide, her teacher agreed!

She now has another pair, half a size longer but a width fitting lower and is happy. I now have a pair of emaculate Blochs that have been worn once!!!

No it was first thing in the morning.DD has quite difficult feet to fit due to her arches/mobility - they have to be quite tight on the flat to avoid slipping off en pointe. I personally thought they were slightly long and a bit gapey at the back when she was on pointe but hoped with elastic and tightening the drawstrings they would be fine, but went with the advice of the fitter.

We are lucky enough to live 40 minutes drive from Linda in Brighton. She is superb and I highly recommend her. We too have an immaculate pair of Bloch shoes - a 3.5 C! I suggested DD turned them into soft pointes but she prefers the Grischko one's!

• Like 1

Well suprise suprise, took my daughter to Bloch just to be fitted for soft blocks. My goodness me the fitters were run ragged with a queue of people being fitted and some waiting. A few pairs were pased to my daughter to try on, the fitter asked her what she thought and would have sold her them only for my daughter saying they pulled her foot a certain way. The fitter then anounced that was because the shoes were too small. On that note I told her that we would try another dance shop. How annoying to ask my daughter what she thought of the shoe, when the fitter could already see that the shoes were too small. Good job my daughter was able to say something but another child may not know and just accept what is being given grrrrrr so cross. By the way Tiffany wasn't in today.

• Like 2