Jay Jay

EYB Swan Lake Wimbledon 2018

Hi, if ticket sales at Wimbledon don't pick up EYB won't be back! What a worry and such a shame. Trying to encourage all I know to come along as it will be a beautiful show x

5 minutes ago, Beautifulday said:

Hi, if ticket sales at Wimbledon don't pick up EYB won't be back! What a worry and such a shame. Trying to encourage all I know to come along as it will be a beautiful show x

Won’t be back ever? Yikes! Tricky trying to fill such a big theatre over the summer holidays- I have lots of friends who would come if they weren’t on holiday! I’ve suggested they make better use of twitter and Instagram and perhaps they should try and get RAD and other bodies involved by offering a discount to their members and the kids ballet schools...not long to go and lots of seats to fill!!!

Edited by Becca
  • Like 1

I think the summer holidays and Bank Holiday weekend are real obstacles. We have bought 14 tickets so far between family and friends but will try to find other takers that are not on holiday. (My own Facebook pleas are starting to sound a bit desperate now though 😱).

EYB are in the Evening Standard today, so fingers crossed that translates into a few more sales. They have a strong FB presence, but they definitely need to get on Instagram! 

People are keen until I tell them the price of tickets - it’s a big ask, one child and one parent from school are coming but they are paying nearly £50 to do so.

I do hope they can sell more - dd is desperate for them to come back soon. She’s absolutely loving being a courtier, though she’s hoping its not too hot as apparently the costume has lots of layers including a fur coat!

Yes we’d have lots more dance school attendees if there was a child price. Might also encourage them to audition themselves!

• Like 1

It's lovely to see so many dance schools supporting their dancers and publicising the event on their social media platforms. I thought the invitation to Principals and their guests to attend drinks in the interval and meet Miss Lewis was really nice too. Very impressed with the whole experience so far and looking forward to the "sneak preview" on Friday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAK said:

Hope everyone has a fantastic opening night !🍀😊

Dress rehearsals going well!!!

Congratulations! We had friends watching all three shows and they thought it was amazing! 

Hope you’ve got plans for the rest of the holidays as it’s going to seem flat after all of that! 

• Like 2

It was quite amazing how much they had learned in two weeks - really impressive. I have no idea about the technical aspects, but I enjoyed watching and they looked like they were having fun.

I have a very tired dd this morning, but she’s still keen to know when (if!) EYB will be back in Wimbledon.

Edited by Confuddled
Typo
  • Like 4

Wonderful show and some lovely memories created for the kids, (and their parents). Think Miss Lewis said at the presentation that they were last in Wimbledon 5 years ago and were possibly looking at going somewhere like Woking another time. I have a tired but very happy boy today. Love EYB and the positive performance opportunities they give the kids.

• Like 4

My two absolutely loved the whole experience. I feel very privileged to have seen the performance, it was beautiful and so lovely to see all those young dancers enjoying themselves!

• Like 3

What a fantastic experience for dd and all of us really, so thoroughly enjoyed the performances, I cannot wait to get the DVD!!! Well done everyone and really lovely to meet those of you I met! X

• Like 4

On 14/08/2018 at 13:38, margarite said:

EYB are in the Evening Standard today, so fingers crossed that translates into a few more sales. They have a strong FB presence, but they definitely need to get on Instagram! 

They posted for the first time on Instagram over the weekend!  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tatasmum said:

They posted for the first time on Instagram over the weekend!  

Hurray! Lovely pics too :)

• Like 3

It was an amazing show!! We watched the final performance, lots of talented children all enjoying themselves. My dd has the best time and wants to do it all over again! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jay Jay said:

Oh no the Buxton one is now the Facebook page header! So quickly old news 😂

Boooooh, I’m still on cloud 9!!!

• Like 2

Well we can look forward to the DVD. Not sure how long they take to process. Even though it was sweltering heat when DD was rehearsing in Nottingham we missed the weekly rehearsals when it was over!

Sorry I didn't mean to gatecrash this discussion, I thought this was the other thread!

5 hours ago, Tatasmum said:

Sorry I didn't mean to gatecrash this discussion, I thought this was the other thread!

No problem you're welcome here too! We are also looking forward to DVDs!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Becca said:

Noo, I haven’t had acknowledgement of my order either 

Me either. I guess they've been busy and a long way from home.

On 16/09/2018 at 19:40, Becca said:

Noo, I haven’t had acknowledgement of my order either 

They don’t acknowledge orders, DVD usually arrives 4-8 weeks after the performance. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pointetoes said:

They don’t acknowledge orders, DVD usually arrives 4-8 weeks after the performance. 

Thanks pointetoes