Jay Jay

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Jay Jay said:

I see the Facebook picture has changed. As DS wasn’t at casting day I’m trying to work out if it is Wimbledon!

Yes it's Wimbledon. Glad you mentioned it or I'd never have known! 😊

• Like 1

On 01/08/2018 at 14:26, Jay Jay said:

I’m not sure what to send with DS food wise. Packed lunch and a snack?

I was going to go with a small packed lunch like a sandwich and a drink (dd has form for not eating when there’s exciting dancing to be done) and a couple of quick to eat, non-messy snacks. I’m assuming nothing containing nuts, as that’s the usual rule at school and other summer activities that she’s been to.

1 hour ago, Jay Jay said:

DS is a Marinsky Dancer and a Hungarian Dancer and is having a great time! Hope your DC are too!

My daughter is a Hungarian dancer (and lady in waiting) too...I wonder if they’re dancing together! She’s having a great time and it seems very well organised...I must say I nearly fell over at the price of the t-shirts! I know it’s all for a good cause however and I’m sure we’ll get one anyway! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Becca said:

My daughter is a Hungarian dancer (and lady in waiting) too...I wonder if they’re dancing together! She’s having a great time and it seems very well organised...I must say I nearly fell over at the price of the t-shirts! I know it’s all for a good cause however and I’m sure we’ll get one anyway! 

Ooh I wonder if they are! 

As an aside, just checking people have seen the photographs from rehearsals posted on Facebook yesterday? How lovely that the Cygnets had the opportunity to perform in costume at the shopping centre too!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MAK said:

As an aside, just checking people have seen the photographs from rehearsals posted on Facebook yesterday? How lovely that the Cygnets had the opportunity to perform in costume at the shopping centre too!

Yes, aren’t they lovely! It’s amazing how quickly they learn everything! Hope they post the video soon!

DS is loving it too (and eating LOADS)- although she had a tough day on Thursday due to double pirouette nemesis- its great learning for her and it’s all about learning what it’s like to be in a company I guess! 

• Like 1

I enjoyed looking at the photos, there's a fair few boys in it which is good. 

When I remembered I froze a 3/4 full bottle of water the night before rehearsals bit we had the heatwave in June and July in Nottingham.

I I know there's auditions in Stoke at the end of November but do they have a period of months where there are no productions so the professionals can work on other projects?

51 minutes ago, Tatasmum said:

I enjoyed looking at the photos, there's a fair few boys in it which is good. 

When I remembered I froze a 3/4 full bottle of water the night before rehearsals bit we had the heatwave in June and July in Nottingham.

I I know there's auditions in Stoke at the end of November but do they have a period of months where there are no productions so the professionals can work on other projects?

Yes 10 Boys I think.

There are productions coming up in Sept, Oct and Nov on the website. 

1 hour ago, Tatasmum said:

I know there's auditions in Stoke at the end of November but do they have a period of months where there are no productions so the professionals can work on other projects?

They do other stuff as well. DD and I went to see English National Ballet at the Albert Hall a few years ago and one of the EYB professionals was a swan in that. We bumped into her outside after we'd all been evacuated during the curtain calls when the fire alarms went off (a whole other story!). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beautifulday said:

Hi, if ticket sales at Wimbledon don't pick up EYB won't be back! What a worry and such a shame. Trying to encourage all I know to come along as it will be a beautiful show x

Won’t be back ever? Yikes! Tricky trying to fill such a big theatre over the summer holidays- I have lots of friends who would come if they weren’t on holiday! I’ve suggested they make better use of twitter and Instagram and perhaps they should try and get RAD and other bodies involved by offering a discount to their members and the kids ballet schools...not long to go and lots of seats to fill!!!

Edited by Becca
  • Like 1

I think the summer holidays and Bank Holiday weekend are real obstacles. We have bought 14 tickets so far between family and friends but will try to find other takers that are not on holiday. (My own Facebook pleas are starting to sound a bit desperate now though 😱).

People are keen until I tell them the price of tickets - it’s a big ask, one child and one parent from school are coming but they are paying nearly £50 to do so.

I do hope they can sell more - dd is desperate for them to come back soon. She’s absolutely loving being a courtier, though she’s hoping its not too hot as apparently the costume has lots of layers including a fur coat!