Jump to content
Jay Jay

EYB Swan Lake Wimbledon 2018

Recommended Posts

This may be a bit early but we are very excited that DS is doing this! Based on the main thread there are at least two others on here who are doing it. It will be great to be in touch especially as we aren’t able to make the casting day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Casting 26th June

Rehearsals 6th-10th and 13th - 17th Aug

Dress rehearsal and performances 22nd - 25th August 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be around then so will try for a ticket!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Think the actual performances are 24th and 25th. Tickets are on sale through the ATG website.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MAK said:

 Think the actual performances are 24th and 25th. Tickets are on sale through the ATG website.

 We've got tickets! :) Coming to see JayJay's DS xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2018 at 12:13, MAK said:

Casting 26th June

Rehearsals 6th-10th and 13th - 17th Aug

Dress rehearsal and performances 22nd - 25th August 

So I'm guessing your DD is doing this? Has she done any before? We haven't but went to see AdageKitty's daughter in Copelia and were very impressed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi yes, have two dds doing this, both for the first time. Very excited 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dd is doing it, too - she knows a few others from her ballet school. Just waiting to hear about the rehearsal venue now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2018 at 21:10, Confuddled said:

My dd is doing it, too - she knows a few others from her ballet school. Just waiting to hear about the rehearsal venue now.

 

Have you heard? I haven’t yet! Must. Relax. My daughter Eleanor is performing for the first time, we’re all so excited! Will be great to meet up with everyone! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll PM you as I'm not sure I'm allowed to share on a public forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAK said:

I'll PM you as I'm not sure I'm allowed to share on a public forum?

Could you pm me as well? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re rehearsal venue. I’ve just looked at the letter and on the first page it says parking is limited and on the second page it says there is plenty of parking! Anyone know which is correct?

 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just had a google, and according to Merton council’s website there are meters on Crescent Road (though I don’t know how many). You have to pay to park between 8.30 and 18.30, and it’s £1.20 an hour. This page (scroll down to nearly the bottom) gives the information: https://www2.merton.gov.uk/transport-streets/parking/parking-meters_30a5b07.htm#find 

 

It’s only half a mile from Raynes Park station (or a bit over a mile or a short bus ride from Wimbledon station), so that might be easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Confuddled said:

I’ve just had a google, and according to Merton council’s website there are meters on Crescent Road (though I don’t know how many). You have to pay to park between 8.30 and 18.30, and it’s £1.20 an hour. This page (scroll down to nearly the bottom) gives the information: https://www2.merton.gov.uk/transport-streets/parking/parking-meters_30a5b07.htm#find 

 

It’s only half a mile from Raynes Park station (or a bit over a mile or a short bus ride from Wimbledon station), so that might be easier.

Thanks Confuddled. I was wondering if there was parking in the school as it is the holidays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/06/2018 at 16:39, Jay Jay said:

Thanks Confuddled. I was wondering if there was parking in the school as it is the holidays?

No idea, sorry! It looks like there’s a small staff car park, but I don’t know it it’ll be available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are away on our hols so will miss casting 😢 so hoping to get an email soon after. Anyone know what the chaperone arrangements are likely to be? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They ask for parents to volunteer to be chaperone. Need to have a chaperone license or DBS and needed for all theatre  time ( Thursday evening, Friday afternoon and evening, Saturday afternoon and evening) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jay Jay said:

I’m a chaperone but I’ve booked a ticket for the Saturday night. 

They don’t expect you to do every performance. I always watch Friday and Saturday night and chaperone the other 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DD is a cygnet. She’s so excited, I’ve had countless demos of the steps she’s learnt so far - have only just managed to get her in bed! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DD is a Hungarian dancer and a lady in waiting...she’s a bit disappointed (obvs wanted to be a Swan) - anyone any experience of Swan Lake with EYB and can shed any light? To me these sound interesting roles!

Edited by Becca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Becca said:

DD is a Hungarian dancer and a lady in waiting...she’s a bit disappointed (obvs wanted to be a Swan) - anyone any experience of Swan Lake with EYB and can shed any light? To me these sound interesting roles!

DD had those parts when she did Swan Lake. She quickly realised that they were far more fun than being a Swan. They did the Lady in Waiting dance en pointe and the Hungarian in character shoes. They are on stage for the whole of Act 1. Hope that helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pointetoes said:

DD had those parts when she did Swan Lake. She quickly realised that they were far more fun than being a Swan. They did the Lady in Waiting dance en pointe and the Hungarian in character shoes. They are on stage for the whole of Act 1. Hope that helps. 

Thanks so much, I’m sure that will help!! She’s just passed her assessment for pointe shoes (she’s just turned 11) so won’t get them til September now, but she does has a great relevee! I guess that helped!! Are the dances in small groups?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tiredtoes said:

Anyone know anything about a courtier role too? 

My dd and her friends are courtiers too. Anyone know if they get much dancing or is it mostly being on stage looking decorative?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...