Jump to content
Sugarplummum

RBS Junior Associates 2018

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bbc14t said:

Not only am I now refreshing my email I am refreshing this page every 10 minutes to see if anyone else hears - getting silly now I really need to learn to be patient 😂

 

come on london results!! 

This is what I am doing!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, after a crushing no thank you this time last year, my boy student with the gorgeous legs, gorgeous feet and sparkling personality has got a yes! 

 

Please don’t be disheartened with a no and listen to your teachers that you see every week, because a panel of 4 people who see hundreds of kids over the course of a day, can’t be relied on to always make the best decisions! 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've got a no. But we have Elmhurst place so will re-try for Royal next year :) Hope little one is not too disappointed bless her. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bluebird! Congrats to him-you must be v pleased for him x

So Birmingham today....London???? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

 

Last year we were in the very last audition in London and results were emailed on 21st June!!!!

 

 

In terms of SWL, my daughter was on it 3 days!!!!! Must have been near the top!!!! So sometimes not on it for a long time at all :)

Yes, indeed. What I meant was that even if you don't hear back immediately, anything can happen during the first term, especially if you include other centres too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah its a No result here. DD auditioned at the end of day 2 so London results should hopefully be out soon. Gook luck everyone still waiting x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Meglorien said:

Yes, indeed. What I meant was that even if you don't hear back immediately, anything can happen during the first term, especially if you include other centres too.

 

And don't give up trying if a place doesn't come up from the SWL this year.

DD had SWL for y6 Jas, y8 MAs and Y9 MAs and we had a call a few weeks ago offering her a place for y9 from September.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for letting us know CDM. Sorry your daughter didn’t get her result x

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bluebird22 said:

Well, after a crushing no thank you this time last year, my boy student with the gorgeous legs, gorgeous feet and sparkling personality has got a yes! 

 

Please don’t be disheartened with a no and listen to your teachers that you see every week, because a panel of 4 people who see hundreds of kids over the course of a day, can’t be relied on to always make the best decisions! 

This is fantastic news huge congratulations x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CrazyDanceMum said:

Ah its a No result here. DD auditioned at the end of day 2 so London results should hopefully be out soon. Gook luck everyone still waiting x

Aw I am so sorry to hear this, hope you come back next year x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any London results yet? Assuming we will be one of the first as we were first day! My nerves are shot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Bluebird22 said:

Well, after a crushing no thank you this time last year, my boy student with the gorgeous legs, gorgeous feet and sparkling personality has got a yes! 

 

Please don’t be disheartened with a no and listen to your teachers that you see every week, because a panel of 4 people who see hundreds of kids over the course of a day, can’t be relied on to always make the best decisions! 

Congratulations bluebird!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bbc14t said:

Any London results yet? Assuming we will be one of the first as we were first day! My nerves are shot!

 Last year I remember thinking it was only London left so it should be the following day and ended up waiting until over the weekend, then thought right has to be Monday and the boys for London came out and not the girls! They were put out a different day! It was agonising! 

 

Edited by DanceMum83
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DanceMum83 said:

 Last year I remember thinking it was only London left so it should be the following day and ended up waiting until over the weekend, then thought right has to be Monday and the boys for London came out and not the girls! They were put out a different day! It was agonising! 

 

Eek let’s pray to the RBS email fairy to put us all out of our misery before the weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a No for my pupil - I thought he was a little tall perhaps for RBS but he has so much potential and stunning legs and feet. Hopefully he's not too upset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you already know the Birmingham results are coming out and it is a no for dd, but she is very new to all this and only just started on this journey. She is doing Midlands Associates this year so we will try again next year with a bit more experience under her belt 😊 

She really enjoyed the experience though so thats nice!

 

Congratulations to all who have a place and sorry to those who have a 'not yet , your are still all amazing little dancers 😁.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, drdance said:

It was a No for my pupil - I thought he was a little tall perhaps for RBS but he has so much potential and stunning legs and feet. Hopefully he's not too upset.

Aw that’s a shame hope his is ok. Was he one of the Birmingham auditions? I always thought height would be an advantage. My son is definitely more on the petite side so not sure if that’s going to be good or bad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My DD has a yes for Bham. Feeling emotional its been quite a week. 

Well done everyone on the places and sorry to the not yet children x

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bbc14t said:

Aw that’s a shame hope his is ok. Was he one of the Birmingham auditions? I always thought height would be an advantage. My son is definitely more on the petite side so not sure if that’s going to be good or bad?

His mum isn’t a ballet mum at all so she’s not really bothered, she’s quite happy to not have to trek to Birmingham every weekend! I don’t know if it’s height per se but proportions - my lad is long in the body. 

 

Yes it was Birmingham  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluebird22 said:

I’ve just cried as his mum told me! 

What a wonderful teacher you are. x

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sugarplummum said:

Well you already know the Birmingham results are coming out and it is a no for dd, but she is very new to all this and only just started on this journey. She is doing Midlands Associates this year so we will try again next year with a bit more experience under her belt 😊 

She really enjoyed the experience though so thats nice!

 

Congratulations to all who have a place and sorry to those who have a 'not yet , your are still all amazing little dancers 😁.

 

 

I'm sorry to hear that but also really glad that your DD enjoyed her audition.  She's done well to get into Midland associates. If she wants to do more please consider Chantry Associates at Grantham. If they have space they allow students in all year round. Audition is in the form of a class x

Edited by Tatasmum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tops said:

My DD has a yes for Bham. Feeling emotional its been quite a week. 

Well done everyone on the places and sorry to the not yet children x

Brilliant congratulations x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bluebird22 said:

Well, after a crushing no thank you this time last year, my boy student with the gorgeous legs, gorgeous feet and sparkling personality has got a yes! 

 

Please don’t be disheartened with a no and listen to your teachers that you see every week, because a panel of 4 people who see hundreds of kids over the course of a day, can’t be relied on to always make the best decisions! 

That’s fantastic bluebird , do you know if he’s in 24 or 32 weeks be lovely if he’s with my ds who’s in Bham Jas .  😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 he will be year 5 in September. My other Birmingham JA is 24 weeks also heading into year 5 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fab Bluebird , my son is 32 that’ll be lovely , I know of another year 5 boy too , my little lad will be so pleased  x  

Edited by MyBalletboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of yeses on here- well done to you all! Can somebody please confirm, is there REALLY a letter that is a little more promising that the one we got which went along lines of... "sorry you didnt get a place but there were lots of enthusiastic dancers and we are not offering you a place. ..Feel free to apply again as children develop at different rates (i.e. we have to put this bit in here but we don't want to give you any hope) and if you want any feedback your teacher is best placed to advise...just don't call us."

 

Basically a massive door slam. Are we simply reading different things into the same letter or is there honestly another letter sent out to those with a better chance in future that reads more like "PLEASE do apply again."?! Please don't worry about offending me- I just want to understand where we are as DD now set on applying for Y6 and I would prefer to be straight with her.  Thank you all in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year the boy I teach got the letter you have just described, this year he got a place. One of the girls I teach was a RBS JA got SWL for Mids in year 7 then that letter when she applied again for year 8. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bbc14t said:

Aw that’s a shame hope his is ok. Was he one of the Birmingham auditions? I always thought height would be an advantage. My son is definitely more on the petite side so not sure if that’s going to be good or bad?

throwing in my two pennyworth, they really seem to be going for small and more gymnastic looking girls (and boys?)and not your typical  tall-but not-too-tall/long leg/neck/more classical ballerina types.anybody else agree?feel free to disagree! i was discsusing with a friend and she was convinced it was still about long legs etc but I just haven't seen that in recent years...and this year think that trend has continued...interesting times...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...