Sugarplummum

RBS Junior Associates 2018

Just now, Hazel said:

Sweepstake time. I’m betting Thursday for London to start arriving...maybe later today/tomorrow for Birmingham?

I wish you were right, but I put my money on next Monday for London. 

Has anyone tried logging into the royal ballet and seeing if anything has changed? We are awaiting Birmingham, they are not known for getting results out quickly. DD did sleeping beauty dreams in Feb and what should have been a two week wait turned into four weeks!

14 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

I wish you were right, but I put my money on next Monday for London. 

Arghhhhh no I can’t wait till then 😂

2 minutes ago, Dancemomdot said:

Has anyone tried logging into the royal ballet and seeing if anything has changed? We are awaiting Birmingham, they are not known for getting results out quickly. DD did sleeping beauty dreams in Feb and what should have been a two week wait turned into four weeks!

I logged in but nothing there

Cant understand why they have skipped over b'ham. Leeds and manchester results have come out and i thought they had auditions over 2 days too. Might have to leave phone at home tomorrow as im not getting much work done with the constant refreshing of emails. This is torture.

• Like 1

Where is Birmingham?!?! The wait is torture- particularly when I know one lady has heard from Birmingham! 

• Like 1

Did the lady’s DC audition in Birmingham for Birmingham? I think a previous post mentioned a Birmingham result but the DC auditioned in Bath? 

• Like 1

Someone said on here that the Birmingham result they had seen on Facebook was for a different centre. Not sure if this was the same person. 

Yes here for Eastleigh. Lovely surprise for dd. Good luck to everyone else still waiting xx

• Like 2

Hi I only stumbled across this forum today. It’s great, I’ve kearnt so much already! My daughter auditioned at Eastleigh for a London space as we were away over half term and we heard today she’s been offered a waiting list place. Does anyone with experience know  exactly how this works? I was told they had 1200 audition this year for the Junior associates!

6 minutes ago, Curlypearl said:

Hi I only stumbled across this forum today. It’s great, I’ve kearnt so much already! My daughter auditioned at Eastleigh for a London space as we were away over half term and we heard today she’s been offered a waiting list place. Does anyone with experience know  exactly how this works? I was told they had 1200 audition this year for the Junior associates!

My DD was on SWL last year. We got a phone call a few days later from Sylvia Hubbard to say they had a place for her :) It's all to do with who accepts the places as people sometimes audition for more than one scheme etc. 

Edited by sunrise81

21 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

My DD was on SWL last year. We got a phone call a few days later from Sylvia Hubbard to say they had a place for her :) It's all to do with who accepts the places as people sometimes audition for more than one scheme etc. 

Thank you, I have everything crossed! It’s so hard as I don’t know how long the waiting lists are and how many children above but it’s reassuring to know that other children have been awarded places when they are on the waiting list. If it’s not her turn this year DD will try again next year! 

Edited by Curlypearl

Welcome to the forum Curlypearl!

My JA experience was many years ago now (son's now nearly 25!) but he got a place from the waiting list and then went to White Lodge, followed by Elmhurst, then danced professionally for 3 years (sadly no longer, but hey ho....)

Daughter got straight in but then didn't get WL or MAs much to everyone's suppose at the time, but then decided to dance for fun (but seriously) throughout her teens and concentrate on academics instead - she's (hopefully) about to qualify as a vet). 

Youngest son also got waiting list and didn't get in. Quickly realised he was only doing it because the others did lol.

We hear of lots on Thistle forum who don't get in the first (or other) time but go on to have dance careers.

I'm just saying all this here to show you that there are many different stories behind children applying for JAs.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear. You'll have many more years of this kind of waiting ahead if they continue on this mad path - believe me - it gets worse 🤣

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Curlypearl said:

Thank you, I have everything crossed! It’s so hard as I don’t know how long the waiting lists are and how many children above but it’s reassuring to know that other children have been awarded places when they are on the waiting list. If it’s not her turn this year DD will try again next year! 

We were on waiting list as well last year, but didn't get a phone call. The next step for you is to say you want to be on the waiting list and list the centre's in order of preference that you could attend. And then fingers crossed for a place. You'll be on the waiting list for quite a while, so anything can happen.

Last year about 1300 children applied, or that was what my daughter's teacher was told. Good luck! (And well done, a SWL place out of so many children  is a good achievement).

Just joined this forum to join the nervous wait! My dd auditioned for London JAs on the last day of auditions. Thought we were in for a long wait, but hoping not now all the other results coming out! 😬

Not only am I now refreshing my email I am refreshing this page every 10 minutes to see if anyone else hears - getting silly now I really need to learn to be patient 😂

come on london results!! 

5 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Just joined this forum to join the nervous wait! My dd auditioned for London JAs on the last day of auditions. Thought we were in for a long wait, but hoping not now all the other results coming out! 😬

Good luck fingers crossed x

11 hours ago, Curlypearl said:

Congratulations on being offered a waiting list place the competition is fierce so even to get that is amazing! Fingers crossed for you it turns into a yes x

24 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Hi there, same, same, same and same.

Just joined here, London audition, last day, girl. 

😘

55 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Last year we were in the very last audition in London and results were emailed on 21st June!!!!

2 hours ago, Meglorien said:

We were on waiting list as well last year, but didn't get a phone call. The next step for you is to say you want to be on the waiting list and list the centre's in order of preference that you could attend. And then fingers crossed for a place. You'll be on the waiting list for quite a while, so anything can happen.

Last year about 1300 children applied, or that was what my daughter's teacher was told. Good luck! (And well done, a SWL place out of so many children  is a good achievement).

In terms of SWL, my daughter was on it 3 days!!!!! Must have been near the top!!!! So sometimes not on it for a long time at all :)

Edited by sunrise81

Some Birmingham results are out as I’ve just heard from my friend that her ds didn’t get a place. Good luck to all of you waiting x