Jump to content
Sugarplummum

RBS Junior Associates 2018

Recommended Posts

Have been following this topic and eagerly awaiting an email too.

Am pleased to report a yes for Manchester for my DD here.  We are over the moon and still slightly in shock!

Congratulations to those who have also had a place confirmed and good luck to all those still waiting.... xx

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even more unpredictable this year! Do you think they’re trying to play with our minds, sending a bit from every centre every so often? So far, that’s a few from everywhere apart from London, Leeds and Eastleigh.  Although it is a bit worrying that it’s mostly yes’s and swl’s. I really hope they’re not saving the no’s for later! I only say this because we still haven’t heard 😞. Well done to the yes’s and swl’s! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The birmingham we have seen auditioned in manchester so I would say its still going centre by centre 

so maybe birmingham this afternoon x

Edited by ButterflyBallerina
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And so the constant refreshing of emails continues....Good luck to everybody waiting for results, hopefully today will be the day 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to everyone waiting. I remember the constant refreshing well. Mine came at 4:30 on a Friday for leeds. Royal is an amazing journey but remember its not always the right route for all. If its a No, don't be too disheartened, there are lots of opportunities out there for dancers. x

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Leeds are out as one my daughters close friends hasnt got in :( I think she will be sad when i tell her later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dancing feet said:

We are waiting on London results but i’m determined not to keep checking emails, instead i’m checking here!! 

 

Me too. But every time my phone bings I hope it'll be from them, so I'm having to stay away from the phone too. Luckily DD doesn't know results have started to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad I stumbled across this forum waiting anxiously for our email for DS who auditioned on tues 29th May in London. Anyone else heard from London yet or do we think we are in for another weekend of waiting?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ps currently on holiday in turkey refreshing like a mad woman with very limited WiFi 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bbc14t said:

So glad I stumbled across this forum waiting anxiously for our email for DS who auditioned on tues 29th May in London. Anyone else heard from London yet or do we think we are in for another weekend of waiting?? 

Waiting waiting....

nice to see others coming in though - guessing London early /mid next week???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everone i only stumbled across this forum yesterday and have been maniacally checking emails ever since id read that results are out. The waiting game is driving me crazy. My dd auditioned at birmingham 2nd day. Ive noticed the Leeds auditions overlap the Birmingham ones so thinking the bham ones will be out before some of the leeds ones x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Takes me back to this time last year when we were waiting. Anxious, anxious times...

 

DD joined year 6 last year and had her final class today. It finished with the DC being presented with their certificates. Loads of photos and tears all round (parents and DC!). It's been a fabulous year with lovely new friends made. DD and some of her friends off to vocational school in September.

 

If it's a no this time, don't give up. Try again next year - we did. 

 

Good luck to those still waiting. x

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to all the DC getting a yes... If it was a no it's not the end of the world it just means no right now it could be a yes some other time. After 8 years of following this lovely forum we believe you should never give up on your dream :wub: and many paths lead you to your end goal...

"TAKE PRIDE IN HOW FAR YOU HAVE COME, HAVE FAITH IN HOW FAR YOU CAN GO!!!!"

c4d

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bbc14t said:

So glad I stumbled across this forum waiting anxiously for our email for DS who auditioned on tues 29th May in London. Anyone else heard from London yet or do we think we are in for another weekend of waiting?? 

We were just before london (eastleigh 25th ma)y and not heard, although like many we are in a sense not waiting as we feel we know the result already mainly because i don't think my daughter compares well in terms of flexibility plus everything else i can't see because i am her mother  :rolleyes: but still very interested in this thread as intrigued by what the RBS actually choose and how on earth they can compare a child with little training to a child with significant training (Mine is somewhere in the vast middle). for example my daughter has literally blossomed from performing at festivals for 2 yrs so how can other children who haven't had that opportunity demonstrate that same degree of musical expression- not saying it's impossible but certainly much harder- they only got one improvisation in the audition so what about those little shy ones who come alive when the music bangs and they can just move  ^_^ i would so love to hear their deliberations and feel sorry for them they only have 1 hour to assess. i thought the 2 hour insight workshop was a very good differentiation of musicality ( parents watch the workshops) but DD said the audition was quite different and very much more focused on how they look in certain bends. they must have had a physio there surely otherwise how could they judge who could bend further with training? i'm digressing...no email here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel for those who are still waiting. I think this is one of those rare circumstances when having electronic communication is a bad thing! When my DD was at this stage I wasn't on any forums and so had no idea when results started to come out. And it was all by letter, so when you were waiting for a result, once the post had been and there was nothing in it, you could forget about it again til next day. Now, when results come by email and at totally random times of the day I think it makes things more stressful for everyone. Hope you all manage to relax and enjoy the weekend. Fingers crossed you get the messages you're hoping for on Monday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

We were just before london (eastleigh 25th ma)y and not heard, although like many we are in a sense not waiting as we feel we know the result already mainly because i don't think my daughter compares well in terms of flexibility plus everything else i can't see because i am her mother  :rolleyes: but still very interested in this thread as intrigued by what the RBS actually choose and how on earth they can compare a child with little training to a child with significant training (Mine is somewhere in the vast middle). for example my daughter has literally blossomed from performing at festivals for 2 yrs so how can other children who haven't had that opportunity demonstrate that same degree of musical expression- not saying it's impossible but certainly much harder- they only got one improvisation in the audition so what about those little shy ones who come alive when the music bangs and they can just move  ^_^ i would so love to hear their deliberations and feel sorry for them they only have 1 hour to assess. i thought the 2 hour insight workshop was a very good differentiation of musicality ( parents watch the workshops) but DD said the audition was quite different and very much more focused on how they look in certain bends. they must have had a physio there surely otherwise how could they judge who could bend further with training? i'm digressing...no email here!

Hello! I think it’s a very simple dance class and they are looking for potential over ability and experience (I think!!) -at least this is what my dd dance teacher told me. my daughter only does 45 mins of ballet a week, has never done an audition before or a festival before but her dance teacher thinks there’s potential there so who knows. I met a lovely lady at the bath audition who previously danced for royal ballet and she said it’s not nothing to do with how good they are at dancing at this stage. Best of luck to your dd / ds x x x 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what our daughters teacher said, they aren’t looking for the ‘finished’ product so performance and technical ability aren’t that important (musicality is to some degree). From JAs that she’s had in the past she said that  they pretty much go right back to basics in the classes - so they are looking for a combination of physique (which I think is why they do the socks off checks and poses at the beginning to start narrowing down) together with musicality from the short impro and whether the child will respond to their teaching (pays attention, interested etc during the audition). They have very few places and a lot of applicants so I suppose they can be afford to be picky...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/06/2018 at 08:02, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

We were just before london (eastleigh 25th ma)y and not heard, although like many we are in a sense not waiting as we feel we know the result already mainly because i don't think my daughter compares well in terms of flexibility plus everything else i can't see because i am her mother  :rolleyes: but still very interested in this thread as intrigued by what the RBS actually choose and how on earth they can compare a child with little training to a child with significant training (Mine is somewhere in the vast middle). for example my daughter has literally blossomed from performing at festivals for 2 yrs so how can other children who haven't had that opportunity demonstrate that same degree of musical expression- not saying it's impossible but certainly much harder- they only got one improvisation in the audition so what about those little shy ones who come alive when the music bangs and they can just move  ^_^ i would so love to hear their deliberations and feel sorry for them they only have 1 hour to assess. i thought the 2 hour insight workshop was a very good differentiation of musicality ( parents watch the workshops) but DD said the audition was quite different and very much more focused on how they look in certain bends. they must have had a physio there surely otherwise how could they judge who could bend further with training? i'm digressing...no email here!

My daughter is currently year 4 at Eastleigh so we are looking forward to seeing who will be joining us in September. They aren’t looking for perfection or brilliant technique, what they are looking for is nice feet and a real love of dance. Flexibility isn’t even a huge issue as they can work on it. 

You will I’m sure find out next week, we had our email on the 13th June last year 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hazel said:

From what our daughters teacher said, they aren’t looking for the ‘finished’ product so performance and technical ability aren’t that important (musicality is to some degree). From JAs that she’s had in the past she said that  they pretty much go right back to basics in the classes - so they are looking for a combination of physique (which I think is why they do the socks off checks and poses at the beginning to start narrowing down) together with musicality from the short impro and whether the child will respond to their teaching (pays attention, interested etc during the audition). They have very few places and a lot of applicants so I suppose they can be afford to be picky...

Your teacher is spot on. 

The classes are back to the very basics how to stretch your feet and get them strong, and how to work your muscles. All of the girls in my DDs class are pretty similar in shape so there is obviously something in that they identify with. 

X

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to your little dancer Lottie77 and I'm sure RBS will have found some adorable little joiners for her group. Any child who has been selected obviously really shines  🌟 xxx Good luck to all "waiting" x

ps does anyone have experience of an alternative Junior associate scheme which they'd recommend near the South Coast? We've spoken to Tring (and CBAs next) but has anyone on here done Ballet Boost?(...September rushing towards us now and I haven't found DD a JA scheme!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

Congratulations to your little dancer Lottie77 and I'm sure RBS will have found some adorable little joiners for her group. Any child who has been selected obviously really shines  🌟 xxx Good luck to all "waiting" x

ps does anyone have experience of an alternative Junior associate scheme which they'd recommend near the South Coast? We've spoken to Tring (and CBAs next) but has anyone on here done Ballet Boost?(...September rushing towards us now and I haven't found DD a JA scheme!)

 

We're also trying Young Dancers Academy, and I've heard of Masters of Ballet, who run a weekend class.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Meglorien said:

 

We're also trying Young Dancers Academy, and I've heard of Masters of Ballet, who run a weekend class.

are you auditioning for YDA or are you already with them? their auditions clash with our actual ballet exam but they wouldn't let us observe a class until we had successfully auditioned...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...