RBS Junior Associates 2018

Sugarplummum

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I’d share little DS’s experiences from his audition on Tuesday. He absolutely loved it despite being very nervous beforehand. Lots of standing in various positions, stretching and pointing his toes “so hard it hurt”!  Perhaps because of the lightning storm raging outside the pianist (“she was REALLY good”) played a piece of music that built up from slow to fast which the boys had to interpret as being in a storm. DS’s demonstration at home later made us all howl with laughter so who knows what the RB staff made of it! Stuff at the barre too; he couldn’t remember exactly what!  He has since asked me at hourly intervals if I think he’ll get in. Who knows?! What do they do to the children in those auditions to make them love the experience so much?!  DS and all the boys came out beaming! We are not looking forward to the wait at all though. Last year he got a “No” on his birthday. Fingers crossed for something different this year! 

• Like 1

My guess is week commencing 25th June but that’s just me guessing.  Also, if your DC auditions in a different centre from the one you applied to attend (if lucky enough to get in), does the result go out with the centre where DC auditioned or the centre which DC intends to attend?  Not the case for my DD btw - she auditioned where she intends to attend - just curious as I overheard some mums discussing this recently.

4 hours ago, balletmadmama said:

My guess is week commencing 25th June but that’s just me guessing.  Also, if your DC auditions in a different centre from the one you applied to attend (if lucky enough to get in), does the result go out with the centre where DC auditioned or the centre which DC intends to attend?  Not the case for my DD btw - she auditioned where she intends to attend - just curious as I overheard some mums discussing this recently.

We auditioned in Birmingham one year for a bath place as we were on holiday for the bath audition! Our email come out with the Birmingham results. 

Last year bath results came out on the 15th June x

The email that we had confirming audition time said everyone will get a result mid June but at the audition they said end June/first week July. I hate the wait 🤞

Edited by Hazel

They come out by order of centre audition. We auditioned in London....last audition....and result was emailed on 21st June :) Though we were auditioning for Leeds which had resukts out earlier, so was an extra few days wait for ours  

Hi Im new to this forum but have been following from afar. Just thought id let you know newcastle results are out! Its a yes for my DD and also her Friend too. We are thrilled. Wont be long now for other centres. X 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rose-ballerina-Mam said:

Hi Im new to this forum but have been following from afar. Just thought id let you know newcastle results are out! Its a yes for my DD and also her Friend too. We are thrilled. Wont be long now for other centres. X 

Well done to your DD and her friend - I guess Totnes next 😮

She will be starting Year 4, but I believe newcastle is a mixed class of year 4/5/6. Her friend is year 5. We are so pleased. 

My DD also got offered Elmhurst associates too, after speaking with a few friends who have children in both programmes, I think the days and times clash, so will obviously go with RBS JAs xx 

Tops, hoping more centres per day- I’m waiting to hear from 3 of my students who auditioned at Birmingham. 

Anyone know how many applied this year? One of mine said it was a lot quieter this year than the year previous 

35 minutes ago, Hazel said:

Darkbeans- what great news! Did you find out before school or will it be a nice surprise when you see your daughter later?

E mail arrived at 10.30, so will tell her after school. Just found her friend got in too 😁

• Like 2