Wide fitting full sole satin ballet shoes HELP!

Aurora

My dd needs full sole satin shoes for Elmhurst Associates which she starts next Saturday. She had some last term that fitted her but they're too tight now and I can't find a pair that fits!

I've now had 4 pairs which I've ordered online but they're all too narrow. I tried 2 different sizes in 1st position (the brand Elmhurst prefers and the brand she was wearing last term) and when they were no good I tired 2 different sizes in the Capezio Daisy brand as I know they're wide but they're still too tight on the width. I can't go any bigger on the length as there is some room at the end as it is.

There are no decent shops locally that would have a selection of shoes. Can anybody recommend any other shoes which come up very wide? Or any brands that specifically do a 'wide' option and where I could buy them from?

I'm dreading pointe shoes, she'll have a nightmare getting fitted for them, school shoes are bad enough, and now soft ballet shoes too!

i'm sure Capezio do a wide shoe thats not part of the daisy brand, may be worth giving them a ring or asking your dance teacher if they can get some samples in (if they are a large enough school to hold samples) you'll probably find pointe shoes are easier to fit as there is so much variation between styles and brands, you may need to hunt out a good fitter in your area though and be prepared for a LONG session lol

is your DD going on pointe soon?

the E fitting isn't the same as a standard shoe fitting you get in school shoes etc, if i recall it maps onto the adult sizing, i think possibly european, which is E, EE and EEE (for VERY wide adult feet) I would think if you get an E fitting that should be OK :)

My dd had some satin Sansha shoes that were wide - too wide for her, as it turned out. It's very tricky fitting ballet shoes; if your local shop doesn't stock a very big range, could they order some in for your dd to try?

Possibly but it's not the most helpful shop generally and I doubt they'd get them in time now. She's got some canvas split soles she could wear in the interim but I think she'll want to have the right ones for the first class.