Practice tutus

balletbean

Hi all. 

Im sure this has been asked before but as usual I can’t find the post. 

Floppy practice/half tutu’s.

My DD has been loaned one for her upcoming Adv1 exam. It’s rather floppy/droopy and I’m not sure if spray starch will work. I’m also wary as it’s black and don’t want to leave any white marks on it. 

If spray starch is the answer how do I apply it? Per layer, over the entire skirt, upside down and then do I have to iron it to activate the starch? Thank you. 

Edited by balletbean

If you need an alternative I've found one of the quickest easiest ways to give a practice tutu more strength is a tagging gun, get black tags & there are some youtube tutorials but essentially tag 3 layers at a time & work your way out.

This is the thing I'm on about.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avery-668174-Swiftach-Tagging-Fasteners/dp/B000J6A0MI

I've made the bloch rehersal tutu's look rather splendid with this method.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, balletbean said:

Hi all. 

Im sure this has been asked before but as usual I can’t find the post. 

Floppy practice/half tutu’s.

My DD has been loaned one for her upcoming Adv1 exam. It’s rather floppy/droopy and I’m not sure if spray starch will work. I’m also wary as it’s black and don’t want to leave any white marks on it. 

If spray starch is the answer how do I apply it? Per layer, over the entire skirt, upside down and then do I have to iron it to activate the starch? Thank you. 

I handtacked my dd one with black hand stitching thread (super strong) as she needed a pancake look and I refused to let her practice in the real one!  

I found a video online different to the links above where u tack in a straight line looping back on yourself from the shortest layer out to second longest just catching the under layer as you go. It was super easy. 

• Like 1