Elmhurst young dancers audition

Missy

Hi

My daughter auditioned for a year 6 place for Birmingham yesterday being 21st may. Does any one know how places work and how many are in a year 6 class? Also how long for a response? Do they email you regardless of outcome?

Thanks in advance

On the email they sent me telling me which group my daughter was in they also stated that they are unable to enter into correspondence regarding unsuccessful auditions. Does this mean we will hear nothing if it is a no? 

4 minutes ago, Missy said:

On the email they sent me telling me which group my daughter was in they also stated that they are unable to enter into correspondence regarding unsuccessful auditions. Does this mean we will hear nothing if it is a no? 

it means they will tell you , but that and any feedback offered at  that time is all you are getting 

4 hours ago, Bluebird22 said:

We’ve heard! 

Sounds like it was good news, Bluebird22! What year are your students?  We've just had an email saying that the results won't be our until next week (for y9 entry in September) 

One very big yes for a year 5 place, for the most super boy (hugely biased but he’s just fabulous!) After being so disappointed last year with a no from Royal we are absolutely over the moon! Not ashamed to admit I had a little cry, I was that happy! 

Hope to hear lots more good news fingers and toes crossed! 

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, Bluebird22 said:

ImgyA the current year 8s have started receiving their assessment results and I’m sure there are more auditions this weekend which is possibly what the delay is. 

Oh, we had an email saying they were waiting for the audition this weekend before sending results all together next week. This doesn't sound promising for DD. It was her first Elmhurst audition as she's not an associate at the moment. :(

I think there is just such a lot of demand for places. Some have been there since primary school age without reauditioning so to speak, whereas at Royal everyone has to reaudition for year 7 places and then they are reassessed yearly. To my knowledge this is the first year elmhurst have formally assessed, but I think until recently the extended associates as a whole was quite a hidden, invite only sort of scheme. I wonder if now it’s taken off they are having to change how it operates? 

Who knows, the ballet world is always finding new ways to be a complete mystery! 

• Like 3

Interesting Bluebird22. They are certainly spending a huge amount of money on advertising (Dancing Times every month) and they seem far more competitive with RBS now than they used to be. Artistic Director abroad often judging comps etc, auditioning overseas. I wonder if he has his eye on David Bintley's position at BRB as DB will be retiring next year? 

They seem to doing another set of auditions for Years 7, 10 and sixth form as they did last year based on photos and then an invite to audition. Doesnt seem an even audition process to me! Think how all those who went through prelims and finals must feel.

• Like 1

I’ve always thought the second round of auditions with the photo requirements was to catch any that hadn’t auditioned the first time round but had auditioned for Royal and got a no. Maybe that’s just because I sent a pupil along to the second wave of auditions after she had her no from white lodge. I think Royal manage to convince more of their JAs to audition for white lodge than elmhurst do because the white lodge audition is in with the MA audition. And by the time you’ve gone along to white lodge finals I think part of you is mentally packing your child off in September. 

Just my thoughts on it anyway. 

My dd is an extended ass year 11 and we had an email earlier in the year to say this was the first year they were assessing them and we would get an email advising if they were being offered a place next year. We only had the email this week apologising for the delay  and offering dd a place next year. We had to confirm if she was taking it up. Dd is going to vocational school so is not going to be continuing.  Thought this might explain the delay in places on the extended scheme as they are clearly waiting for the current ass to confirn if they are continuing.  

• Like 1

Hi my daughter has an audition for extended young Dancers year 7 tomorrow  at Elmhurst, anybody advise if similar audition process to royal ballet mids. 

Also she has a place at Elmhurst Summer school, very excited. Anybody else have a place , she doesn’t know anyone else going . Thank you