Good makeup and foundations for class

Hope this is the right place to post a question like this if not feel free to move.

I’m in full time vocational school and just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for makeup, especially foundation that stays put through multiple classes.

I have quite oily acne prone skin and struggling to find things that don’t just melt off half way through class and leave me patchy.

thanks in advance🙂

I try to encourage my daughter to use concealer where needed as opposed to full foundation for class.  It's important to let skin breathe during exercise, IMHO.  

Daughter has found the new Bobbi Brown Skin Long Wear Weightless foundation long lasting and with excellent coverage.  She has normal/sensitive skin so doesn't have the "melting off" problem but I know there is an oil free Long Wear Even Finish version which is also good.  It's not cheap but is one of the few brands that is pale enough for her.  

When she was having a consultation, the Bobbi Brown lady suggested using just an "airbrush concealer" or the Bobbi Brown Retouching Wand where needed for ballet class. 

Very important to moisturise oily skin but I'm sure you know that.  :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Is this for lower or upper school?

My dd at full time lower voc school and tends not to wear full face for classes/ School, just brows and mascara! 

For upper school🙂

8 hours ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

If you are using foundation every day you are probably making your skin worse. 

But it’s powder that helps make up stay in place. 

I don’t really wear foundation every single day just for assessments and things now usually but if my skin is really bad I don’t feel confident enough to go without it. It’s a vicious circle really.

Do you have any recommendations for a good powder?

8 hours ago, Anna C said:

I try to encourage my daughter to use concealer where needed as opposed to full foundation for class.  It's important to let skin breathe during exercise, IMHO.  

Daughter has found the new Bobbi Brown Skin Long Wear Weightless foundation long lasting and with excellent coverage.  She has normal/sensitive skin so doesn't have the "melting off" problem but I know there is an oil free Long Wear Even Finish version which is also good.  It's not cheap but is one of the few brands that is pale enough for her.  

When she was having a consultation, the Bobbi Brown lady suggested using just an "airbrush concealer" or the Bobbi Brown Retouching Wand where needed for ballet class. 

Very important to moisturise oily skin but I'm sure you know that.  :)

Thank you will take a look at the products you recommended.

yes most days I just wear concealer with the foundation kept for assessments and things like that 

6 hours ago, hoglett said:

My beautician recommended mineral makeup for DD. Jane Iredale is very good. 

Thank you, I’ll take a look

9 hours ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Was that at the Covent Garden store?  I found them excellent when recommending products for dd.  

No, Liberty and Peter Jones in Sloane Square.  Haven't been in the Covent Garden store yet!  

The MAC store there is excellent too; lovely staff.