RBS Spring Intensive April 2018

leotardmum

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Your post was looking a little lonely out there! My DD(12) is going, and will be residential too. I would say an important thing is that your DD can manage her own bun. Make sure she has a few tries beforehand, and has enough nets, pins etc for the course. It won't matter if it's not immaculate, as long as it stays up. 

Not long now! I'm sure it will be a lovely and exciting week for them all. 

• Like 2

I’d missed this too sorry x

My dd is going too, yr 7 (12). But the first time she went was to a summer school when she was 10 and in year 5. I’d agree with noobag with regards to buns, although I believe some of the girls helped one another out x 

I was so worried about her being homesick that I (and her nan, sister, Aunty ex) wrote her little notes to open every day.  How wrong was I! She actually was petrified driving down with not knowing anyone properly but as soon as she was there I hardly heard from her other than a text to say she was having the best week ever and the food was great! 😂 

Just tell her to smile, enjoy it, and know that’s she’s in for a real treat. They work them hard but they also have loads of fun in the evening and make great friendships with children from all over the world.  My dd was fortunate to make some lovely friends there and is looking forward to meeting up with a couple of those friends again xx 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Balletmum55 said:

Just tell her to smile, enjoy it, and know that’s she’s in for a real treat. They work them hard but they also have loads of fun in the evening and make great friendships with children from all over the world.  My dd was fortunate to make some lovely friends there and is looking forward to meeting up with a couple of those friends again xx 

Yes, just to second this, it is the most wonderful exciting experience and the best advice would be to just enjoy every second! And make sure your child is well rested before going so they can really appreciate all the wonderful training they will get.

Balletmum55’s dd and my own dd met at RBS summer school a couple of years ago and had the most wonderful time and are on the same week at RBS summer school again this year!  It is so just lovely they can meet up again dd is so excited about seeing friends and going back to stay at WL this time en pointe ! 😊 

Good luck and enjoy the RBS spring intensive !! 

Xxx

Edited by Snowflake
Spelling
  • Like 2