Thanks for this Sophoife, I’m amazed to find that this is being broadcast from my nearest cinema in Newtown.

• Like 2

A repeat of the Bolshoi's The Golden Age this coming Sunday: times of showings may vary, as it isn't live.

I've spotted some "bite-sized ballets" coming up in cinemas this week - a useful time, I suppose, since it's the Easter holidays.

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 05:53, Sophoife said:

Australian Ballet's Spartacus is in cinemas in the UK and Ireland on Wednesday 8 May...as usual, you guys get it before we do (it hasn't been announced here).

https://www.cinemalive.com/event/spartacus

:facepalm:  Got in this evening, looked in my diary, and pencilled in there was "Cine".  I'd obviously missed spotting it before :( 

• Like 1

Okay, reminder for the Royal Ballet on the 16th and the Bolshoi on the 19th (which will give various cinemas an excellent excuse for not doing an RB encore showing, I suppose).  It is a shame that their showings do frequently come so close together, though.

Tonight's cinema showing was also advertising the relays for 2019/20. Among the images being used was one of Naghdi and Ball in The Sleeping Beauty.

• Like 2

I thought it was somewhere on the Forum but may have been on my Facebook page but there is a film being shown at the Curzon cinema in Mayfair ( in Curzon street) in June about Natalia Osipova.

its called Natalia Force of Nature.

If it has been talked about elsewhere then happy for this post to be moved etc

Anyway there seem to be only two performances : one is on June 6th at 6.30pm ( Thursday) 

The other is on Sunday June 9th at 3pm 

It is 90 mins long. 

Ive been to this cinema before and it's a very nice venue not far from Green Park tube. 

I have to be in London on the 9th for a mini ballet reunion with a group of friends from the 70's and 80's!  So this could tie in very nicely with that!! 

I think it could be quite interesting looking at the blurb.

6 minutes ago, LinMM said:

I thought it was somewhere on the Forum but may have been on my Facebook page but there is a film being shown at the Curzon cinema in Mayfair ( in Curzon street) in June about Natalia Osipova.

This news will be in the Links when they are published tomorrow morning:

Film News - Force of Nature Natalia (about Osipova) to preview at Curzon in London:  News Desk, Broadway World

And Amelia had started a specific thread with more information here:

• Like 1

Aah thanks Janet I knew I'd seen it somewhere and then the dates clicked and I thought yes could be a possiblity!! 

I am really looking forward to the Bolshoi, tomorrow afternoon in Cinema, Carmen and Petrushka. Zakharova, Krysanova  and  all +++ cast.

Tonight 21st May Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake in cinemas throughout the UK ( and ? Beyond ...) 

With Will Bozier as The Swan/Stranger and Liam Mower as the Prince , fab cast! 

I’m watching it from North Finchley Vue if you fancy meeting up ! 

Various dates and times are available, depending on location.  Is there an overarching website where these can be checked?

I've just found one which is on this afternoon, for example, and a couple of lunchtime showings next week - and that's only in the cinemas relatively local to me!