• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was somewhere on the Forum but may have been on my Facebook page but there is a film being shown at the Curzon cinema in Mayfair ( in Curzon street) in June about Natalia Osipova.

its called Natalia Force of Nature.

If it has been talked about elsewhere then happy for this post to be moved etc

Anyway there seem to be only two performances : one is on June 6th at 6.30pm ( Thursday) 

The other is on Sunday June 9th at 3pm 

It is 90 mins long. 

Ive been to this cinema before and it's a very nice venue not far from Green Park tube. 

I have to be in London on the 9th for a mini ballet reunion with a group of friends from the 70's and 80's!  So this could tie in very nicely with that!! 

I think it could be quite interesting looking at the blurb.

6 minutes ago, LinMM said:

I thought it was somewhere on the Forum but may have been on my Facebook page but there is a film being shown at the Curzon cinema in Mayfair ( in Curzon street) in June about Natalia Osipova.

This news will be in the Links when they are published tomorrow morning:

Film News - Force of Nature Natalia (about Osipova) to preview at Curzon in London:  News Desk, Broadway World

And Amelia had started a specific thread with more information here:

• Like 1

Tonight 21st May Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake in cinemas throughout the UK ( and ? Beyond ...) 

With Will Bozier as The Swan/Stranger and Liam Mower as the Prince , fab cast! 

I’m watching it from North Finchley Vue if you fancy meeting up ! 

Various dates and times are available, depending on location.  Is there an overarching website where these can be checked?

I've just found one which is on this afternoon, for example, and a couple of lunchtime showings next week - and that's only in the cinemas relatively local to me!

• 1 month later...

Reminded about this just in time by a Northern Ballet press release: NB's production of Victoria, by Cathy Marston, is being shown in cinemas tomorrow evening.  I'm sure the more take-up there is now, the greater the likelihood of another one in the future :)

https://www.cinemalive.com/event/victoria (avoid Internet Explorer)

I may be making a trip westwards tomorrow ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alison said:

Reminded about this just in time by a Northern Ballet press release: NB's production of Victoria, by Cathy Marston, is being shown in cinemas tomorrow evening.  I'm sure the more take-up there is now, the greater the likelihood of another one in the future :)

https://www.cinemalive.com/event/victoria (avoid Internet Explorer)

I may be making a trip westwards tomorrow ...

I’m looking forward to this; I always miss Northern when they’re down this way and I have a strong interest in Queen Victoria.  Only 7 people had booked when I checked though which is such a shame.  I hope more people turn up tomorrow.

That's why I thought I'd bump it :)  One of the cinemas I was looking at only had one advance booking - I may go and swell the numbers if I'm well by then.  (I didn't actually look and see how many had booked at the other 3)  Mind you, I've never seen the point in seriously advance booking if you're sure the showing's not going to sell out.

23 minutes ago, Anna C said:

I’m looking forward to this; I always miss Northern when they’re down this way and I have a strong interest in Queen Victoria.  Only 7 people had booked when I checked though which is such a shame.  I hope more people turn up tomorrow.

This doesn't surprise me somehow. I saw Victoria four times at Sadler's And the attendance was always undeservedly though on the second circle. Would that it had been otherwise… as it so richly deserved! 

• Like 1

We have an Odeon but the manager really shows the sort of films I’m dying to see. I’m supposed to go to Newark, Nottingham or Mansfield if I want to see something that isn’t extremely box office friendly. I don’t think so!