David Bintley leaving BRB at end of 2018-19 season

Thank you Bridiem. That is more or less what I expected. I regret that approaching my 89th birthday I really don’t think that I have the energy - it’s as much as I can do to get to performances ! Perhaps someone younger might volunteer but I suspect that you are right and that his leaving will be the event that will stimulate someone ‘high up’ to make a move. I just feel so sad that it will probably not happen while he is still Mr.BRB.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

Thank you Bridiem. That is more or less what I expected. I regret that approaching my 89th birthday I really don’t think that I have the energy - it’s as much as I can do to get to performances ! Perhaps someone younger might volunteer but I suspect that you are right and that his leaving will be the event that will stimulate someone ‘high up’ to make a move. I just feel so sad that it will probably not happen while he is still Mr.BRB.

Well there's still more than a year until he leaves, so it could well happen in time. I'm very much hoping that it will.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, George C said:

I know that someone mentioned that he may not want it and I agree that he is a very modest man but as he accepted his OBE I can’t help but feel that he may not be averse. What do others think?

I would say that we're not mind-readers, and I don't suppose most of us have any idea of what he thinks about the subject.  Certainly I don't.  I would have said that a knighthood was merited, though.

• Like 2