So, I am in a musical. I have a 2 minute solo ballet/lyrical dance and am in two ensemble scenes of this 2 hour musical. I am really scared because the shows are next week and the rehearsals are 12 hours long. I really don't want to miss class at all! I feel like if I miss classes, my technique will fall behind so much, and I have ballet exams in one month (so we have extra coaching that we have paid for) and quite frankly I wish I had never auditioned for this musical! Any advice please? 

• Like 1

First advice: talk to your teacher. This is almost always the first advice. 

Second, I assume you have loads of downtime in rehearsals. Use some of it to practice?

Third, performance experience is always useful.

• Like 3

Your technique will not fall behind in the space of two weeks. Lots of students miss classes for much longer than that due to injury, and they pick up where they left off just fine. 

Speak to your teacher, I’m sure they can reassure you. And enjoy the show, performance experience is so important. 

• Like 4

Don't panic! I'm sure you will have missed a week of classes before through sickness, injury, holidays and so on and nothing dreadful has happened? Performing is a great experience in its own right and you will learn lots of different things. Just be sure to get some rest though.