• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Richard LH said:

Does anyone know when official details of the 2018/19 Season will be announced?

And, pending that,  does anyone have any idea (perhaps some advanced  inside knowledge) of what is likely to be included?  

Please don't ask for inside information to be shared.  Any post containing information that is not properly in the public domain would be in breach of the AUP and would consequently be hidden.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bangorballetboy said:

Please don't ask for inside information to be shared.  Any post containing information that is not properly in the public domain would be in breach of the AUP and would consequently be hidden.

With apologies, I was not aware of an embargo. I retract that request.

• Like 7

Richard, we do have a thread called "RB 2018/19 Wish List", which isn't quite the same as saying for certain what the new season will bring, but it DOES have much discussion about what we would LIKE it to bring!  So have a look, and do add to it if you want to.  Here is the link:

• Like 2

• alison changed the title to Royal Ballet 2018/19 Season?
5 hours ago, Sharon said:

After reading BBB's stern reply to Richard's innocent question, I appreciated reading all the helpful, friendly responses from everyone else. I have always believed in that old saying it costs nothing to be polite.

I saw nothing to object to in BBB's reply. He said 'please' and stated forum policy.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Sharon said:

After reading BBB's stern reply to Richard's innocent question, I appreciated reading all the helpful, friendly responses from everyone else. I have always believed in that old saying it costs nothing to be polite.

I also felt that there was more than a whiff of of a rebuke in the reply to Richard's question. And that the use of the word 'please' reinforced the impression of irritable displeasure.

As you say, Sharon, things can be interpreted in wildly differing ways but plaudits to Richard for his very generous apology. I should have been spitting feathers had I been taken to task in that way for what seemed to me to be both an innocent and wholly understandable question.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Sharon said:

Oh well maybe it was just me..?  We've been down this road before when something innocently written can be interpreted in the wrong way....🙄

BBB is staff 

As i understand it ,  BalletCo forum has previously been threatened with  legal action , by the vocational training provider whom we  do not discuss 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently, there is an introductory event at the ROH tonight so it's still looking good for tomorrow - from an outsider's perspective, that is!

I believe that, in previous years, the details of the upcoming season have been put in the ROH website mid-morning (ish).

• Like 4

Flight Pattern, SinC, Bayadere, Two PIgeons, Month, Golden Hour, Patineurs, etc. - GREAT.  New McGregor sounds interesting.  Only slightly saddened that there are no acquisitions of any of the established 21st Century masterworks - and still no Peck.  On balance - much to look forward to.  So pleased that Flight Pattern will get a cinema broadcast.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 3