Hair pins and bun nets

2dancersmum

I want to send my DD off to vocational school with a good supply of hair pins and nets. I know on the old forum people spoke of buying tubs of pins but wondered if anyone could reccommend where I could get these from. I have seen some online but I have no idea if the pins are good or flimsy. Anyone able to help/advise?

Some of the hairdressing suppliers even though they sell to trade some also have retail websites where it may work out cheaper. If you are friendly with your hairdresser they maybe able to get you a large supply on their next visit or delivery to their suppliers.

Good luck

Ax

We live close to this supplier and have found the tubs of pins they sell good - not too flimsy and good value http://www.hairbitz.com/ they also had a fantastic deal on bun nets - we got something like 12 packs of 3 for the ridiculous price of £2.50 or similar.....HOWEVER, before this I did buy dd one pack of 12 of the 'bunhead' pins - dd swears by them, expensive but 12 pins was more than enough to keep a nice neat bun in. She unfortunately 'lost' them at a summer school so made do with the large tub but has begged me to buy them again! May have got them from dance direct, can't remember, will have a look and let you know!

• Like 1

My daughter buys her pins/grips from Sallys (hairdressing/beauty supplier) as she's found them to be very durable and better than any others she's tried. The last set she bought came in a plastic box/carry case with different compartments in for the various types of grips. She usually buys her bun/hair nets from Dance Direct or Boots.

They're not cheap but I always buy Capezio Bunheads hairpins and hairnets. The hairnets are big, durable, and the light brown exactly matches my dd's hair. They're about 99p for 3. The pins are a little expensive but are thick, long, and you only need 4 per bun.

• Like 1