NEW VOCATIONAL BALLET SCHOOL

Emma northmore

I am very excited to bring to you The Academy of Balletic Arts

I have wanted to do this for 3 yrs now with my very own building but its hugely expensive!!

In the mean time I am opening with the kind permission of Pineapple and am in talks with other venues too.

So far I have space for Yr 7 , 8 and 9 to train 3 days a week from 4.30pm at pineapple. As this programme is aimed at those who fall just shy of White Lodge or Elmhurst or those who make a choice to stay at home longer - I would fully expect they have been with an Associate programme for some time and so will have 4 fully vocational classes per week. With an added programme of pilates that will be set up for each child, a tailor-made programme from our Physio (Luke Abnett - Ex RBS), coaching 121 with myself (included), swimming and Anatomy - there will be plenty for them to do!

The aim is to assist the talented ones who may flourish later or just not quite tick all the boxes at 11 but by 16 will be beautiful! Or those that choose to stay at their wonderful academic school AND stay with their families AND now also get the training thats needed to succeed. I wish to help these dancers achieve their dreams with a forward thinking international approach to training. Creating global links and ensuring the best interest of the student is paramount throughout. 

This programme is based on years of listening to students and parents and observing whats necessary and I truly hope to ensure its what is needed. Please feel free to add comments of what you think or need as all feedback and thoughts are useful. It really is being developed for you and your dancers with a heart felt desire from myself to help you all.

If you wish to enquire further please email me            emmanorthmore@yahoo.com      info @balletboost.com     07958 725862

TO APPLY for the AUDITION on MARCH 29th 2018 at 4pm     email monique_aaliyah@live.com     (official school email yet to be tried and tested but will be coming!)

• Like 25

9 hours ago, BlueLou said:

What you are describing sounds quite similar to the Northern Ballet CAT programme, so it might be worth trying to chat to someone there to see if they might share some wisdom. Good luck 🍀! 

I had no idea!! Always thought it was a weekend /associate type thing. Good to hear.

I will solely be training in elite level ballet so will be very choosy at the audition and keep it small and select. Thanks for the info - its good to know there is something on offer in the North too as obviously mine will need to live close enough! I am ready to write letters to heads asking permission to leave school etc! The standard will be everything you would expect to see at WL and Elmhurst......very exciting!

• Like 3

On 25 February 2018 at 17:57, Piccolo said:

Gosh! Suddenly vocational ballet schools are like busses, all coming along at once! Anyone else opening one?!? 😂

Hello Piccolo thank you for your comment but as far as i am aware there is nothing else opening like this in London.....unless you can tell me something I have missed?! There are many 6th forms that are covering all dance genres but this is an elite ballet LOWER school......... I put hours of time and energy in to every child i teach meaning i miss hours of time with my own children.  My school will also not be like any other current vocational school as my approach to teaching is very forward thinking! 

I am sure you didn't mean much by your comment -  I am trying to help after years of picking up the pieces and putting kids back together - I am trying  to make a difference and absolutely will not be 'yet another school'!

Edited by Emma northmore
  • Like 5

Hi Emma,

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you. I happened to notice your announcement and the one about Woodside at the same time. Just my reaction to seeing 2 great opportunities coming along at once but a few years too late (for dd). Just a laugh or cry type of situation, probably shouldn’t have posted though...

Just saw it...... spooky!!

i am planning a full blown vocational school so I expect there is a subtle difference possibly and as always - room for everyone! And like any choices in life - proximity and style of teaching and training will be huge factors. I have quite a unique approach.

I now have space at Sadlers wells for yr 10 and 11 from September 2018 too and am exploring other spaces for more All very exciting!

Second patron is Stephanie Williams of ABT. My approach is to connect globally so setting up future work opportunities for these dancers etc etc xx

• Like 1

Please don't worry Piccolo - I do genuinely do this to help as opposed to running a business. I think thats what parents appreciate and why they feel there is a different vibe at BBA or will be at ABA . Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you DD........a big part of the reason for this is so much talent gets lost and I can't bare to see that happen anymore x

Edited by Emma northmore
  • Like 4

If any of you are lucky enough to be within striking distance of this amazing  opportunity please do seize it .... Emma offers an environment and approach that will allow your DD/DS to flourish and achieve their potential - Emma will have total belief in your child - imo that is far more important than the Kudos of  attending  a big name ballet school, where you, the parent, is a lone bye stander to the regime your child has signed up for, where your child  might be struggling physically/mentally without you ever knowing ....  before it's too late..

As a parent, I come  across Emma when my DD needed help - It is my belief that had my daughter met Emma and trained with her from an early age, then she would now be following the career that she dreamed of.  I cannot recommend her or this opportunity highly enough.

Wishing you the very best of luck Emma - it is your time to shine..

• Like 15

32 minutes ago, Kat09 said:

If any of you are lucky enough to be within striking distance of this amazing  opportunity please do seize it .... Emma offers an environment and approach that will allow your DD/DS to flourish and achieve their potential - Emma will have total belief in your child - imo that is far more important than the Kudos of  attending  a big name ballet school, where you, the parent, is a lone bye stander to the regime your child has signed up for, where your child  might be struggling physically/mentally without you ever knowing ....  before it's too late..

As a parent, I come  across Emma when my DD needed help - It is my belief that had my daughter met Emma and trained with her from an early age, then she would now be following the career that she dreamed of.  I cannot recommend her or this opportunity highly enough.

Wishing you the very best of luck Emma - it is your time to shine..

Absolutely agree wholeheartedly with this. If you live close enough then make the most of the opportunity. We certainly would be if we could. 

• Like 6