19 hours ago, Petunia said:

But, but, but...

https://tickets.barbican.org.uk/eticketing/performancelist.asp?shoID=43490

this is quite confusing.

Kenneth MacMillan: Steps Back in Time

Viviana Durante Company

18 Apr–21 Apr 2018, Pit Theatre

And then ther are performances listed on the 19.-21.April, at 19:45

I had to phone the Barbican Box Office for a different query but asked about this as well. They confirmed that there is no performance of MacMillan: Steps Back in Time on Thursday 19 April.

I have to admit that I'm still confused given the information from their website listing in the link quoted above!

Edited by Josephine

Far from wanting to point fingers, but first the extended muddle of the seating (is all that finally resolved now?); then the casting vagaries; and now the ongoing mystery of the 19th, anybody coming to this from the outside might form the impression that the people running this show are out of their depth. No doubt everything has an explanation, but really...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RuthE said:

I've just asked that very question (awaiting moderation) in the comments section on that page!

Well, my comment still hasn’t appeared... but the names of all the dancers have now been mysteriously removed from the article.

3 hours ago, RuthE said:

Well, my comment still hasn’t appeared... but the names of all the dancers have now been mysteriously removed from the article.

Although the photo of Francesca Hayward is still used to highlight the link to the YouTube broadcast.

I was assuming the publicity for the broadcast had been prepared before the Manon cast changes but I guess the publicity could have been better handled.

It can take the ROH website quite some time for comments to be posted and RuthE's comment may not appear until after the weekend -  we're rather spoiled by the instant access provided by this Forum!

• Like 2

On 4/11/2018 at 13:38, Josephine said:

I had to phone the Barbican Box Office for a different query but asked about this as well. They confirmed that there is no performance of MacMillan: Steps Back in Time on Thursday 19 April.

I have to admit that I'm still confused given the information from their website listing in the link quoted above!

It  is also absent from the  events calendar for the 19th on the Barbican's What's On page. https://www.barbican.org.uk/whats-on?dates[min]=2018-04-19&dates[max]=2018-04-19

Perhaps the performance on the 18th is being recorded and shown on the 19th (i.e. not "live" but an "encore")?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Richard LH said:

It  is also absent from the  events calendar for the 19th on the Barbican's What's On page. https://www.barbican.org.uk/whats-on?dates[min]=2018-04-19&dates[max]=2018-04-19

Perhaps the performance on the 18th is being recorded and shown on the 19th (i.e. not "live" but an "encore")?

Or perhaps there is a live streamed performance on the 19th but no audience? :huh:

(Now replying to my own posts. SAD!)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ian Macmillan said:

Ruth's question is visible now, but no sign of an answer that I can see:

http://www.roh.org.uk/news/watch-live-kenneth-macmillan-steps-back-in-time-from-the-barbican-on-19-april-2018

And now that the names have been removed from the article, it looks as if I commented on something that wasn’t even mentioned in the article. Though even out of that context it’s a fair question given that the casting on the Barbican website still names Hayward (and nobody else) for Laiderette.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sim said:

Yasmine Naghdi will be replacing Frankie Hayward in Laiderette on the 19th.  Great news!  

except i'm at Sad Wells that night (seeing this on Fri 20th)  - so really glad it will be recorded online for 30 days!

• Like 1

Apparently not....I asked the BO this morning and they said that it had been open to the public like all the others, but that it's sold out so maybe that's why it's not showing.  They are all sold out, however!!

The Box Office clerk I spoke to last week initially said the performance on the 19th was a closed one.  Later in the conversation, he contradicted himself and told me there was no performance that night.  It is, indeed, a most curious situation!

• Like 1

It doesn't appear that the poor staff at the box office have been given any concrete information whatsoever, about this performance (judging by the variety of answers we are all getting when we phone up), about who is actually dancing on the night, about why the whole ticket debacle happened.....I feel very sorry for them because they are the ones who have to deal with angry members of the public.  This seems to be a bit of a PR disaster;  how hard can it be to just disseminate the facts to those who are public-facing??  This lack of knowledge isn't fair to the public, the dancers or the box office staff.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tomoko.A said:

Viviana Durante was on In Tune on R3 yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b0xb5k

Thank you, Tomoko.  I just checked and the segment starts at around 18 minutes 42 seconds into the programme with the music from Laiderette (Frank Martin's Petite Symphonie Concertante).  There is then a brief interview with Viviana Durante followed by some music from Danses Concertantes.

• Like 1

Katie Derham's introductory remarks that Viviana Durante   has now  "created her own ballet company" seems  an exaggeration - as  Durante   acknowledges herself,  "I don't have dancers in my company".  I would  suggest "Viviana Durante Company" is more of a production vehicle  than a "ballet company", in the usually understood sense.  Incidentally, isn't  it rather bad form to advertise the event (on the  Viviana Durante  website) with reference  to  Thiago Soares, Lauren Cuthbertson, Francesca Hayward, Yasmine Naghdi, Meaghan Grace Hinkis, Akane Takada and Benjamin Ella without mentioning  that they are all Royal Ballet dancers?

• Like 1