Hammond Centerary Concert 9th Feb

Peanut68

Yes, I do still have ticket....I am able to go, just had got a ticket in the hope my Dad would go but he's not up to a long drive sadly....

Send me a pm with a mobile so we can text to liaise at Cathedral Eowyn....I have a long drive up so in car from around 10am but will check on here before I leave.

• Like 1

Hope you have a wonderful time - I found out last week that my daughter is dancing, but I can’t get there. Would love to watch pas de deux  in the Cathedral. Please give her (and all the other performers) lots of applause for me! 

• Like 2

Well getting to go has taken some serious family negotiation & now am manic organizing everyone's clothes/meals/list of who needs to be where for what at which time etc! Plus yet to shop for said ping food meals, walk the dog, wash rugby kit, clean boots, pack bag, oh & get ready myself before I leave 11 latest....bet this sort of routine sounds familiar to many????

Hubbie has said the I can have the cost of the petrol & the ticket as my Valentine's present.....what a romantic :wub: !! Probably beats the roses I wouldn't have actually got anyway  - ha ha!

Will report back how the concert was & Karen - hope you make the next event! I miss lots much to the sadness of DD & me but that's life at times I guess :(

• Like 3

DH was unexpectedly able to make the concert tonight as his mum was taken into hospital and he unexpectedly shot up North this morning (including the 2.5 hours parked on M5 due to accident related closure!)  Despite the difficult journey and sad circumstances, he reported that the concert was excellent. He was able to see Dd clearly, thought the pas de deux was stunning  and the singing was spectacular. The programme apparently did not name any soloists and got the info about dd’s dance wrong  in respect of year groups, so that was a pity, but all in all a great event. Would be interested to hear what others thought if it. 

• Like 1

Just got back after an amazing performance by all of the Hammond students yet again! 

I was in tears half way thru the first song! It was truly amazing. For a school to put on a performance like that at such short notice, perfectly sung, perfectly danced, perfectly staged is unbelievable and the final performance of O Fortuna from Carmina Burana (dh’s all time favourite song!) was simply stunning. 

Thank you Hammond for yet another fantastic evening!

• Like 4

It was all truly uplifting & showcased the talents of current - & former pupils - the piece you mentioned Pictures was a complex & very accomplished composition - beautifully sung! Obviously Jordan Li Smith is a rising music star from previous years at the school....

I am just amazed that any school could in such a short time put together such a polished & high standard performance.....Thanks due to the dedicated staff who time & again get the very best from our kids.....they are very lucky!

• Like 4