Elisabetta Terabust RIP

I was sorry to read today that Elisabetta Terrabust has passed away.

She was one of the stars of London Festival Ballet when I first started watching ballet in 1984 and was my first Juliet (in the Ashton production).  I have very fond memories of her dancing.

I can't find an obituary in English but here is one in Italian:  http://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/teatro-danza/2018/02/05/news/e_morta_la_ballerina_elisabetta_terabust_direttrice_onoraria_dell_opera_di_roma-188073561/?refresh_ce

• Like 5

I first saw Elisabetta Terabust in 1978 in The Sleeping Beauty with Peter Schaufuss. She was just beautiful  and her  technical ability was amazing - obviously, as Schaufuss danced with her a lot. I have such great memories of her and the other Italian ballerinas who performed with LFB in the 70's and early 80's. I feel lucky to have seen so many great shows. R.I.P dear Elisabetta...🙏

• Like 3

She is almost single handedly responsible for my love of ballet. My mum took me to Birmingham to see LFB in a Sleeping Beauty when I was about 11 and I can still see Elisabetta Terabust in my mind's eye now in her beautiful tutu. Although ironically Sleeping Beauty is not one of my particular favourites now, it holds a special place in my heart for making me fall in love with it in the first place, and Elisabetta is the one dancer I remember clearly from that performance - and the feeling that I want to go to this gas us and again and again ...

• Like 1