Good Luck/Audition results 2018

TooTu

On 13/02/2018 at 15:22, Ballet12345 said:

Anyone had any results from the Leeds CSB audition? Dd got a ‘No’ and is gutted! Wondering where to go from here. No other auditions planned as funding for auditions/travel and the courses themselves (if she was accepted) is a big issue for us. Not sure that she would get a DADA as they seem to be only for exceptionally talented children. 

Im afraid that if you are not resident in the UK she wouldn’t be eligible for a DaDa so you need to look at schools that offer school scholarships.  

• Like 2

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RosaMac said:

I don't think you have to be a UK resident. I thought it was an EU citizen living in an EU country for the past 3 years. 

Eligibility

To get help with fees you must:

• be an EU citizen and have been living in the EU for 3 continuous years immediately before the start of your course
  • have ‘settled status’
  • have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ in the UK

To get help with living costs you must be from England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

• Like 1

Is anyone doing the Hammond first round lower audition in March? I requested a later date due to my own health issues. I did want to change to an earlier date but my dd has been insistent I leave it as it'd be unlucky to change it. Last year we had finished all the first round auditions by Jan so it's feeling very strange leaving it so late. 

5 minutes ago, Dancer123 said:

Hope she is ok Auntie Nora is she at another vocational school or just a normal one at the moment! She must have been amazing to be at finals x

Ditto, I was just thinking exactly the same

• Like 3

On 15/02/2018 at 20:30, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Im afraid that if you are not resident in the UK she wouldn’t be eligible for a DaDa so you need to look at schools that offer school scholarships.  

We don’t live in the U.K. but part of GB. Sadly many scholarships are for English pupils only. Which I learnt on my detailed quest in obtaining details on fees charged. Elmhurst and ENBS were just two.  🙁Challenging as so many schools bury their fees  within their own website. 

On 15/02/2018 at 15:55, Anna C said:

Auditioning is not cheap, but then nor is full-time training.  Then if you manage to get through your training, auditioning for company contracts can be a horrendously expensive business, once you factor in flights and accommodation costs for what can sometimes be a 10 minute audition.   

I take it you don't have any full-time upper schools in your home country? Some schools hold auditions abroad; ENBS included. 

ENBS confuse many applicants. Their website quotes that they offer funding to enable pupils worldwide to seek training at their school. In reality their funding is by way of a DaDa. Which excludes prospective pupils who live outside the  U.K./EU residents. I believe true ‘overseas’ pupils receive funding from their own countries. Thus avoiding the limited funding available. 

6 minutes ago, Dancer123 said:

Is she a Mid Associate? Can you get feedback! 3rd time lucky I reckon at least she won’t be phased by the whole process!! Good Luck for Tring! 

Yes she is a Mid Associate so we will get some feedback, Year 8 and above are very hard years as there are very few spaces which we knew. Her skin is defiantly getting thinker, not a tear!!!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuntieNora said:

Yes she is a Mid Associate so we will get some feedback, Year 8 and above are very hard years as there are very few spaces which we knew. Her skin is defiantly getting thinker, not a tear!!!! 

Well done to your DD for getting this far, so tough for all of them, and yes, keep going 🤞🏻

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AuntieNora said:

My dd audition for Year 8 WL Finals-unfortunately it was a no. But good luck to everyone waiting for results.

Well done to your DD for getting finals again fantastic achievement. How many girls did they take for year 8 finals?

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that AN but isn't she great for taking it so well. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting - I still clearly remember our letter turning up for my son all these years on (yes, it was before they started doing emails!) and the excitement that followed. Been on the end of a "no" letter too with my daughter who was really upset (for about 15 minutes then decided to be a vet!!).

We've also been on the other end of the "other" letter after assessments in year 9 (I'm always here for anyone who goes through the same) followed by delight at getting into Elmhurst, so have experienced highs and lows over several years. 

Thinking of you all, whatever stage you're at.

• Like 22

Good Luck to all those attending upcoming finals. 

My eldest DD woke up to her final audition with ankle deep snow having fallen overnight (a few years back) much to everyones shock and surprise. 

We slipped and slid our way to the venue, with totally inappropriate footwear and were congraulated upon by the teachers for making the effort as "nothing stops a dancer". Unlike an Academic student seeking University place according to the staff. That little conversation certainly broke the ice (excuse the pun). The day went brilliantly and she secured her place. 

So boys and girls don't be put off by a little thing called snow/ice and freezing conditions, allow extra time for your journey, wrap up warm and then show them what you are made of. :wub: 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, BlueLou said:

Anyone heard back from the RCS London prelims last week yet? Getting a bit twitchy again! 

I was just looking for the exact same thing,  fed up of refreshing my emai ! 

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 17:06, Aklf said:

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL 🍀

With the final auditions right around the corner I have a special offer on my boxes of lucky charms for dancers, £15 each and Free fast delivery! 

Plenty of other ballet and dance themed gifts on my FB page here’s the link-  

https://www.facebook.com/KirstenGraceJewellery/posts/1520641871387243

Hi Aklf - oh I adore your bracelets! I bought one from you at last year's RBS Summer Fair and I'm still wearing it :wub:

Good luck everyone!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdageKitty said:

Hi Aklf - oh I adore your bracelets! I bought one from you at last year's RBS Summer Fair and I'm still wearing it :wub:

Good luck everyone!!

That’s lovely to hear! So pleased. 

10 hours ago, AuntieNora said:

Has anyone had results yet for Tring Dance Course Audition from last week?

My DS  got a no today hes upset .. but I've told him to concentrate on his final for Elmhurst next week instead now..  He would be going into year 10. 

• Like 2