TooTu

Good Luck/Audition results 2018

29 minutes ago, hoglett said:

Just out of interest - are the offers ever dependent on GCSE grades? 

For upper school I don't think so - mainly because they have so many international applicants anyway, whose schooling will have been different.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hoglett said:

Yes they definitely are for some courses. My dd's offer was subject to her getting 5 GCSEs at A* to C. This tends to be more the case for degree courses where the academic requirements are set by the validating body.

4 hours ago, taxi4ballet said:

For upper school I don't think so - mainly because they have so many international applicants anyway, whose schooling will have been different.

I'm always curious when it comes down to the offers for places. If a DC was offered both Elmhurst AND RBS they obviously can't accept both, so do the schools have a reserve list? Also some maynot be able to accept their place because of the funding issue. There must be quite a jugglying act before the start of the term in Sept not just with National but also International Students. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hoglett said:

If I remember rightly, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland's offers certainly were on condition that applicants got 5 passes at GCSE; this was a couple of years ago though. 

Out of curiosity , Has Anyone had the email from elmhurst with final timings on it yet ? My emails from them seem to go missing , received last years final details the day before ! đŸ˜±

• Like 2

We've had nothing with the itinerary for finals day at Elmhurst either. However, we have already booked the train and a hotel.

I think you ought to book your hotel, balletjack.:) From what I've picked up here, the day roughly runs from 9 til 4.

• Like 1

Anyone had any results from the Leeds CSB audition? Dd got a ‘No’ and is gutted! Wondering where to go from here. No other auditions planned as funding for auditions/travel and the courses themselves (if she was accepted) is a big issue for us. Not sure that she would get a DADA as they seem to be only for exceptionally talented children. 

Anyone else still waiting for Leeds CSB result?? Dd's 5 friends have all had emails (some yes and some no) today but we've had nothing yet. It's going to be a long night! 

Believe me - I've checked every folder! Everyone else's seemed to be around lunchtime. Maybe it's because dd was one of the higher numbers, so if they are working through the list in numerical order ...... 

Bluelou we received my daughters email before lunch. I would call them tomorrow morning. They may have just made an error and overlooked your daughters email.

• Like 1

Just heard about a boy who auditioned for MAs only and been offered a finals audition for WL. Good luck!

Edited by junedancer
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Twoballerinas0004 said:

Bluelou we received my daughters email before lunch. I would call them tomorrow morning. They may have just made an error and overlooked your daughters email.

Emailed Central - got a very quick response - she’s through to finals :D

• Like 19

23 hours ago, Ballet12345 said:

My daughter was number 20. Don’t think that’s the reason you haven’t heard.

The number is usually related to age, eg youngest No1 etc.

On 12/02/2018 at 14:43, Skintdancemum said:

Out of curiosity , Has Anyone had the email from elmhurst with final timings on it yet ? My emails from them seem to go missing , received last years final details the day before ! đŸ˜±

An email came yesterday - if you didn't receive one best to contact them! Good luck for finals 🍀

• Like 1

On 13/02/2018 at 15:22, Ballet12345 said:

Anyone had any results from the Leeds CSB audition? Dd got a ‘No’ and is gutted! Wondering where to go from here. No other auditions planned as funding for auditions/travel and the courses themselves (if she was accepted) is a big issue for us. Not sure that she would get a DADA as they seem to be only for exceptionally talented children. 

How old is your daughter?  If she is 16, and contemporary is your chosen style, she has time on her side.  Have you looked at Chantry's post 16 programme?  

• Like 2