Good Luck/Audition results 2018

TooTu

4 hours ago, balletmum20 said:

I have just let hammond know that my dd will be leaving in September so one lucky person may get a call soon with a mds! 

Good luck xx 

I’ve just seen someone on FB get funding for Hammond - they’d been offered a bursary but couldn’t  afford it - and suddenly an MDS appeared for them! So lovely - I think it might have been your DD’s that’s been passed on.

• Like 8

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, margarite said:

I’ve just seen someone on FB get funding for Hammond - they’d been offered a bursary but couldn’t  afford it - and suddenly an MDS appeared for them! So lovely - I think it might have been your DD’s that’s been passed on.

That makes me feel so much happier for giving up dds place, that someone else will benefit from it, as hammond is a excellent School, the teaching is outstanding and it’s such a happy place to be xx 

• Like 8

In shock! We got that call today!

My dd has been offered a MDS Year 8 place, off reserve waiting list today for Tring. 

Thank you you all for your support over last couple of years on forum, couldn’t have done it with out your support and advice.

We are so happy, keep going it does happen. 

Good Luck 

• Like 36

42 minutes ago, AuntieNora said:

My dd has been offered a MDS Year 8 place, off reserve waiting list today for Tring. 

Thank you you all for your support over last couple of years on forum, couldn’t have done it with out your support and advice.

Good Luck 

Huge congratulations!!!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, AuntieNora said:

Good Luck 

I let Tring know this morning that we were not accepting our Tring places,  love it when the mds goes to people waiting on here! Xx 

• Like 12

14 hours ago, Ballet4ever said:

My dd has been put on the waiting list for central is it true that if places become available that candidates on the list have to go for another audition!? Tia 

I have no idea if this is true or not Ballet4ever, but they did say on the day that all the auditions were recorded, so hopefully they can just review candidates on the video when places become available.  I hope your Dd gets her place there!

3 minutes ago, atacrossroads said:

I have no idea if this is true or not Ballet4ever, but they did say on the day that all the auditions were recorded, so hopefully they can just review candidates on the video when places become available.  I hope your Dd gets her place there!

Yes a video was recordered we are praying a place comes available as it was her first choice of a school a long painful few months I think!

40 minutes ago, Ballet4ever said:

Yes a video was recordered we are praying a place comes available as it was her first choice of a school a long painful few months I think!

There are girls not accepting their places so fingers crossed that something comes up in the next few weeks 🤞🏻

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I am extremely new to this process and hoped to ask for information/advice re Hammond.

My DD is on the waiting list and from what I know is close to the top, which in itself is an amazing achievement. 

But I’ve seen on the feed that people are giving back their MDS places due to going elsewhere.

If you have been at the top of the reserve list and since been offered MDS, would it be possible to ask the very personal question about what place your DD/DS was, as I can’t get answers as to whether or not my DD is moving up the list.

I’m not normally a nervous parent and have no knowledge about the dance scene, but really wanted to know if I should keep my fingers crossed or move on with life.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 4

Thank you to everyone’s support and advice as my dd wasn’t lucky enough to be offered MDS or high enough on the list to be considered we have emailed Hammond today declining our offer with bursary so we can move on with our life.  Good luck to everyone is waiting and congratulations to everyone that has been successful 💕

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Flash1410 said:

Hi everyone, I am extremely new to this process and hoped to ask for information/advice re Hammond.

My DD is on the waiting list and from what I know is close to the top, which in itself is an amazing achievement. 

But I’ve seen on the feed that people are giving back their MDS places due to going elsewhere.

If you have been at the top of the reserve list and since been offered MDS, would it be possible to ask the very personal question about what place your DD/DS was, as I can’t get answers as to whether or not my DD is moving up the list.

I’m not normally a nervous parent and have no knowledge about the dance scene, but really wanted to know if I should keep my fingers crossed or move on with life.

Thanks everyone.

Flash 

I have sent you a direct message on behalf of my friend not on the forum xx 

@Flash1410 it's an awful feeling being so unsure of what a happening. I've no idea if my dd is near the upper end of reserve list as it's not very clear on how many were actually on reserve. What I do know from last year though is that a few kids were very lucky and ended up with MDS in July! 

@Seaside H I hope your dd tries again next year,  she did so well to make it this far. My dd was lucky enough to get a place on our local CAT scheme last summer and really enjoys her lessons there. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Seaside H said:

Thank you to everyone’s support and advice as my dd wasn’t lucky enough to be offered MDS or high enough on the list to be considered we have emailed Hammond today declining our offer with bursary so we can move on with our life.  Good luck to everyone is waiting and congratulations to everyone that has been successful 💕

Seaside H sorry I've just replied to your post on another thread I hadn't seen this .

• Like 1

I feel for all of you awaiting the decision on funding for US. Whilst our system isn’t perfect (£ limits) the local authority offers funding for each pupil that have at least 2 x Level 3 or equivalent (A-level) examinations. My research recently revealed RAD Grade 6 and above are also level 3. Which confused the Dept completely as they automatically think 18yrs not 16yrs for Funding.  My claim to fame is I’ve now educated the Education Dept on their own criteria 😂

Each pupil then can select their choice of establishment for Higher Education. Incl those on the CDET list. 🤔 

🤞🏼 You all receive what you hope  and are waiting for. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, balletbean said:

I feel for all of you awaiting the decision on funding for US. Whilst our system isn’t perfect (£ limits) the local authority offers funding for each pupil that have at least 2 x Level 3 or equivalent (A-level) examinations. My research recently revealed RAD Grade 6 and above are also level 3. Which confused the Dept completely as they automatically think 18yrs not 16yrs for Funding.  My claim to fame is I’ve now educated the Education Dept on their own criteria 😂

Each pupil then can select their choice of establishment for Higher Education. Incl those on the CDET list. 🤔 

🤞🏼 You all receive what you hope  and are waiting for. 

Is this peculiar to your particular location? Two g&t’s in, I’m trying to get my head around the wider implications. Can’t remember off the top of my head, which are on the CDET list 

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum SuziQ and good luck on the results. Hopefully there will be others on here with recent experience (my son's result came on the day off his audition but that was a scary 9 years ago now!!!)

• Like 1

Morning I’ve only been on this forum for a couple of weeks and have as they say been “lurking in the shadows” whilst doing my spot of lurking ;) I have found it be really useful and have gained lots of valuable information from various topic posts so thanks to you all and would like like wish all your dc the very best of luck for their futures and a huge well done to all the parents who are supporting their dc like me who has a dd and recently done “the rounds” with auditions, it’s quite an emotional rollercoaster and even though she has been dancing since the age of 3 I find there is always something I have to learn or get my head around in the world of dance. Very best wis:)hes 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, amos73 said:

I know the y11 students from my dd school all had their enbs results last week so I would contact enbs and ask what has happened to your email or letter.

Good luck!

Thank you amos73. I'd better get in touch with them! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Look in your junk mail!

No not there! Emailed school admissions officer and she's now on maternity leave so will have to try to phone although not sure when I'll get hold of anyone over Easter. Stressful time ahead!  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, along for the ride mum said:

Is this peculiar to your particular location? Two g&t’s in, I’m trying to get my head around the wider implications. Can’t remember off the top of my head, which are on the CDET list 

'Peculiar' is a lovely word to describe our authority. You obviously know them well!!;)

CDET Vocational Schools are Tring, ENBS, Elmhurst, NBS, The Hammond. The others on the list are more MT based.  

Central are under the Connservatoire and RBS offer their own funding scheme. 

• Like 1