Jump to content
TooTu

Good Luck/Audition results 2018

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, margarite said:

I know there were at least two children at Hammond funding last week waiting for Elmhurst results so that might cause movement too.

 

i suspect that is what pictures was hinting at ...  there are going to be  a small number of  lucky ( because anyone  who gets to finals  is damn good  -  the quality line is not generally  the issue  especially with  girls )  people who are faced with 2  funded  offers ...  which means for their  'rejected' offer , it all moves up 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many MDS there were at Hammond this year ?

I am delighted that my pupil has just gained one for year 7 .

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tutugirl said:

I wonder how many MDS there were at Hammond this year ?

I am delighted that my pupil has just gained one for year 7 .

Well done to her! By my guestimation by what I was told where DD was on the list etc I think around 14. But please don't treat this as gospel!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. A funded year 10 place for dd at Elmhurst. Quite shocked! Well done to all parents and children, regardless of a yes or no, who put themselves through all of this. My dd would never in a million years have done this a year ago, so keep going and with determination (and fabulous teaching of course!) they will get there. But now to write a list of pros and cons.. Having read the British training thread, I'm confused. Any guidance would be most welcome. Good luck to everyone out there. 

 

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to everyone who has good news.

 

Five years ago this was us accepting a place for dd at Hammond.  She was very borderline and about as far down the MDS waiting list as you could probably get.  It has been tough, we couldn't afford boarding so she travelled 45 miles every day, she had a notice to improve letter in Year 8 but now, as she is at the end of Year 11 their training has got her to the point that she got 3 scholarship or Dada offers for dance/MT courses. 

 

So to those of you embarking on this rollercoaster, good luck, you and your children will probably need it along with a good dose of resilience.  Remember if it doesn't work out, thats OK, if your child changes their mind, thats ok too but if you don't try you will never know.

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicola H said:

 

i suspect that is what pictures was hinting at ...  there are going to be  a small number of  lucky ( because anyone  who gets to finals  is damn good  -  the quality line is not generally  the issue  especially with  girls )  people who are faced with 2  funded  offers ...  which means for their  'rejected' offer , it all moves up 

 

I don't want to comment further because year groups are small and its not my place to identify someone elses child but I think someone I know has just had some good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have spoken to Hammond my dd is 19 out of 62 so highly unlikely anything will change for her and the bursary isn't enough.  Congratulations to everyone else and back to associates for her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in there everyone, 

my dd is in year 8 at the hammond at the moment and we are just giving up our mds as my Dd has just been offered a year 9 place at Elmhurst, fingers crossed everyone waiting xxx 💗💗 

  • Like 27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Huge congratulations to your lovely daughter balletmum20.

Thankyou so much xx 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

29 minutes ago, balletmum20 said:

Keep in there everyone, 

my dd is in year 8 at the hammond at the moment and we are just giving up our mds as my Dd has just been offered a year 9 place at Elmhurst, fingers crossed everyone waiting xxx 💗💗 

 

Dd and I are so pleased for you and your dd. We know how hard she has worked for this. And having had both our girls at all the same finals two years ago with a no for elmhurst that time amazing that both your dd and mine have been offered funded y9 places now!

xxx

 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, amos73 said:

 

 

Dd and I are so pleased for you and your dd. We know how hard she has worked for this. And having had both our girls at all the same finals two years ago with a no for elmhurst that time amazing that both your dd and mine have been offered funded y9 places now!

xxx

 

I know it’s very strange, just shows don’t give up!!  Well done @amos73 proud of both our girls xx 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, they have both worked really hard.

 

Nice to finally post something that is truly 'pom-pom' worthy on here ... @Petalviolet will know what I am on about.

xx

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, balletmum20 said:

Keep in there everyone, 

my dd is in year 8 at the hammond at the moment and we are just giving up our mds as my Dd has just been offered a year 9 place at Elmhurst, fingers crossed everyone waiting xxx 💗💗 

Fabulous news balletmum20 💜

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seaside H said:

I have spoken to Hammond my dd is 19 out of 62 so highly unlikely anything will change for her and the bursary isn't enough.  Congratulations to everyone else and back to associates for her.

If she's 19th out of 62, that's quite near the top, as I'm guessing numbers 1-14 have the awards? 

I hope she's ok xx

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, margarite said:

If she's 19th out of 62, that's quite near the top, as I'm guessing numbers 1-14 have the awards? 

I hope she's ok xx

 

I think she is 19th reserve as her friend is number 4 reserve she has been told.  It’s all new to us.  Thank you to every ones messages and support xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PenguinBoysMum said:

Sadly DS had a no letter for Elmhurst. He's upset at the moment but has already said he'll keep trying. We've told him it's just not his time yet.

Sorry to hear that ... as we always say a no is really a not yet !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Billyelliott said:

Sorry to hear that ... as we always say a no is really a not yet !

And it is a not yet, my dd got a no for year 7 but now has a yes for year 9 xx keep going xx 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Seaside H said:

 

I think she is 19th reserve as her friend is number 4 reserve she has been told.  It’s all new to us.  Thank you to every ones messages and support xx

 I believe there was only 62 on the list in total for funding from last weeks audition? She's quite near the top really x

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My DD got a yes for Elmhurst (Year 7).  She's over the moon and I'm so proud of her but I'm feeling a bit over-whelmed by it all right now.

 

Sorry to those with a no/not yet. Keep at it. x

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, margarite said:

If she's 19th out of 62, that's quite near the top, as I'm guessing numbers 1-14 have the awards? 

I hope she's ok xx

I’ve tried ringing them today about paying the registration fee, ideally would like to know if I’m better off setting fire to it because if she’s well down the list then there’s no point.  It couldn’t get through an d then got a message they close at 4:30 (it was 2pm haha), try again tomorrow. Don’t really want to ask where my DD is on the list as it says not to in the letter? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to everyone who got the results they wanted. An amazing achievement. 😊 xx

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

I suspect that might be the time the office closes in term time but it may not be updated during holiday times. 

Yes I expect so, just found it amusing. I’ll try again tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, margarite said:

What year is your daughter going Into? 

 

DD is on reserve for MDS at Hammond as expected. Just had a chat with the school and they told me where she was on the list. Am very proud as she's much higher up than I thought she'd be! They've offered us a bursary so she'll be there in September whatever happens. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seaside H said:

I have spoken to Hammond my dd is 19 out of 62 so highly unlikely anything will change for her and the bursary isn't enough.  Congratulations to everyone else and back to associates for her.

Sorry it wasn’t an immediate yes. Did they mind you asking that question? I wasn’t going to ask them as it said not to on the letter, but everyone seems too know where their DD or DS are, so will try and find out tomorrow. All very new to me so I don’t know the correct etiquette ha-ha. DD only auditioned for an associate place this year too so this is including this forum which is of an immense help is new to me too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wend said:

Sorry it wasn’t an immediate yes. Did they mind you asking that question? I wasn’t going to ask them as it said not to on the letter, but everyone seems too know where their DD or DS are, so will try and find out tomorrow. All very new to me so I don’t know the correct etiquette ha-ha. DD only auditioned for an associate place this year too so this is including this forum which is of an immense help is new to me too. 

Sorry to. It too, despise predictive text! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...