Good Luck/Audition results 2018

TooTu

15 minutes ago, Seaside H said:

So I have just been told your number out of 62 denotes the reserve list.  Pupils with MDS aren’t included so 19 is not achievable.

My dd is  just a few places higher than your dd.  I'm certain though that there was only 62 kids auditioning (my dd said 40 yr 7&8 were there last week and the remaining 22 were yrs 9&10). Her and her friend both came out and said that there was 62  kids after funding which tallies with the figure given today by Janet.

Edited by HollyLou
  • Like 1

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, balletmum20 said:

I know it’s very strange, just shows don’t give up!!  Well done @amos73 proud of both our girls xx 

Well done to both your dd. Have watched your posts over the last few years and really pleased for them both.

amos73 is that Elmhurst too? 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TBG said:

Well done to both your dd. Have watched your posts over the last few years and really pleased for them both.

amos73 is that Elmhurst too? 

Thankyou xx yes we both have Elmhurst, funny as we both auditioned together I’m year 7 x 

• Like 3

Just heard there's a girl from my old local dancing school, who used to be a RBS Junior Associate, who has a place at Elmhurst. Don't know which year. Edit, if anyone's interested, they teach the NATD syllabus, and always have.

Edited by Lisa O`Brien
  • Like 5

Hi!! New to this although I’ve been following this thread for ages!!! Couldn’t sign up for some reason! 

My daughter has just had a yes for year 7 at Elmhurst and we’ve just rang the hammond to release her funded place I hope someone has good news from there soon! Good luck! X any other new Elmhurst year 7 mummies out there? X

• Like 15

1 hour ago, balletboy3 said:

Does Elmhurst have a reserve list and do they tell you in the letter, or do they just send out a yes or no letter? Sorry, we’re new to this audition process as previous dance teachers discouraged it.

Yes, I know of some DC who received “waiting list” results rather then “yes” or “no”. That was 2 and 3 year ago.

2 minutes ago, Ballet4ever said:

I would also like to know if elmhurst have a reserve list surely girls turn down places for other schools and they have to offer others places? Unless they will just have a smaller year group?

That’s exactly what I would like to know!! My DS was a “no”, but we are extremely proud of him as he started ballet late and got into Elmhurst finals on his first audition. However, he was devastated and I wondered if they operated a waiting list like Tring, I haven’t seen anyone mention this year that their DC has been placed on the reserve list. Onwards and upwards as he’s happy to try again next year, just wish you could have feedback.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, balletboy3 said:

That’s exactly what I would like to know!! My DS was a “no”, but we are extremely proud of him as he started ballet late and got into Elmhurst finals on his first audition. However, he was devastated and I wondered if they operated a waiting list like Tring, I haven’t seen anyone mention this year that their DC has been placed on the reserve list. Onwards and upwards as he’s happy to try again next year, just wish you could have feedback.

I haven’t heard anyone this year gaining a waiting list place either I’ve never heard of a dd or ds receiving a no from elmhurst then later being offered a place because of people turning places down just seems a bit bizarre really not having a waiting list! 

There might be DC on the waiting list but not on this forum.

Also there might be no waiting list as Elmhurst results came after WL, Tring and YDA so those who came to finals aren’t waiting for other results and highly likely will accept Elmhurst offer. 

• Like 1

I thought I had read on here previously that a DC had initially been a “no” and was then asked to join Elmhurst after staff picked her out at a summer school, but I may be completely nuts and read it all wrong. 

These auditions are all great practice going forwards, as I know our DS has no plans to give up his dream just yet. Well done to all those that have successfully gained a place at a vocational school!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anxiousdancemum85 said:

Hi!! New to this although I’ve been following this thread for ages!!! Couldn’t sign up for some reason! 

My daughter has just had a yes for year 7 at Elmhurst and we’ve just rang the hammond to release her funded place I hope someone has good news from there soon! Good luck! X any other new Elmhurst year 7 mummies out there? X

Hello Anxiousdancemum!

I'm a new Elmhurst Year 7 mum too. Still getting my head round it all. Like everyone keeps saying on here, I think we've just boarded the scariest roller-coaster ever! x

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, lspendl828 said:

My DD got a straight No from Y7 & Y8 finals, only to be offered a Y8 place from summer school at Elmhurst - she’s now Y9. So yes it definitely does happen. 

Sorry, meant to quote Balletboy3’s post! 

Edited by dancefanatic
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, balletboy3 said:

Sorry to hear about your DS, our DS is in the same position. He's dealing with it well and looking forward to continuing at his current dance school but some Feedback would be great so we know what to work on for next year. It categorically states no further correspondence though so I guess we'll never know. We are so proud of him making it to finals on his first audition too. Did he just audition for Elmhurst? We were late to the audition process so had missed the other 3. Am wondering if there is anything else we could look at for September but I fear we are too late now. Thankfully he has his BBO scholars classes and his dance teacher has offered to increase his ballet time so hopefully that will all help towards trying again next year. Good luck to your DS in his future endeavours.

Edited by PenguinBoysMum

2 minutes ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Sorry Seaside I don’t understand your question. 

My daugter didn’t qualify for MDS this year but has a place if she attends and starts in september and I pay fees at a later date if anyone leaves who has an MDS place do they ever pass that on to a pupil already enrolled ? X

5 hours ago, balletboy3 said:

Does Elmhurst have a reserve list and do they tell you in the letter, or do they just send out a yes or no letter? Sorry, we’re new to this audition process as previous dance teachers discouraged it.

I know of a year 8 girl who is on the reserve list for elmhurst . It says on the letter you receive if you are on reserve or just a straight no . 

Edited by Skintdancemum
Info
  • Like 2